Installed Linq CTP for VS 2005, but

gnewsgroup

I just downloaded and installed the 2006 Linq CTP for VS2005.

After I restarted VS2005, I had an additional website template called
"LINQ ASP.Net Website Template", which I selected and a Linq web site
was created for me.

But, I cannot find the LINQ to SQL designer like the one available in
VWD 2008 Express. Is this designer available with this CTP? If not,
how can we start Linqing in VS 2005?

Thanks.

gnewsgroup

I would install VS 2008 and do it there or drop the idea.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

| Think outside the box!

Thanks. I don't have the budget for VS 2008. As a matter of fact, I
have removed this freshly installed CTP. The reason I removed it only
because it was causing some intellisense problem.

For example,

(1) I define a string mystring, and normally, when as I type mys....,
intellisense would pop up and give me a list of strings that start
with mys. This feature is gone after I installed this CTP.

(2) Similarly, as we type SqlCon, intellisense would nicely pop up and
let us hit tab key to select SqlConnection. This feature is gone
after I installed this CTP. I guess this is the nearly the same as
(1).

(3) Normally, as type SqlConnection myConn = new, intellisense would
pop up and let us hit the tab key to select SqlConnection. This
feature is gone after I installed this CTP.

All of these features came back after I removed this CTP.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If you can attend an event, you can get VS 2008:
http://www.microsoft.com/heroeshappenhere/register/default.mspx