    VWD 2008 Express. Is this designer available with this CTP? If not,
    how can we start Linqing in VS 2005?

    Thanks.

    gnewsgroup, Jan 31, 2008

  2. I would install VS 2008 and do it there or drop the idea.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jan 31, 2008

  3. gnewsgroup

    gnewsgroup Guest

    On Jan 31, 3:27 pm, "Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)"
    <> wrote:
    > I would install VS 2008 and do it there or drop the idea.
    >
    > --
    > Gregory A. Beamer
    > MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    > | Think outside the box!

    Thanks. I don't have the budget for VS 2008. As a matter of fact, I
    have removed this freshly installed CTP. The reason I removed it only
    because it was causing some intellisense problem.

    For example,

    (1) I define a string mystring, and normally, when as I type mys....,
    intellisense would pop up and give me a list of strings that start
    with mys. This feature is gone after I installed this CTP.

    (2) Similarly, as we type SqlCon, intellisense would nicely pop up and
    let us hit tab key to select SqlConnection. This feature is gone
    after I installed this CTP. I guess this is the nearly the same as
    (1).

    (3) Normally, as type SqlConnection myConn = new, intellisense would
    pop up and let us hit the tab key to select SqlConnection. This
    feature is gone after I installed this CTP.

    All of these features came back after I removed this CTP.

    gnewsgroup, Jan 31, 2008
  4. If you can attend an event, you can get VS 2008:
    http://www.microsoft.com/heroeshappenhere/register/default.mspx

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Feb 1, 2008