    Any clues appreciated. Thanks.

    -- Lou Pecora (my views are my own)

    P.S. I posted this on Python-Mac-SIG email list, too. Sorry if you are seeing it again.

    Lou Pecora, Nov 7, 2004

  2. Lou Pecora

    Serge Rey Guest

    Re: Installed MacPython 10.3 Addons - Can't find Modules,even standard ones.

    On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 09:26:45AM -0500, Lou Pecora wrote:
    > I upgraded to Panther a month ago and just upgraded to MacPython 10.3
    > Addons (as per Jack Jansen's page - thanks, Jack).
    >
    > But now my programs can't even find standard modules. from Numeric
    > import * brings up the error window: Can't find module Numeric. Even
    > trig functions sine and cosine generate the same type of error. I've
    > looked over the FAQ and can't see any answers (maybe I missed
    > something). I'm guessing this is a Path problem, but I'm stumped. I
    > have PYTHONPATH set to some of my modules (which seems to work), but not
    > sure what to do about standard stuff.

    did you install Numeric via the PackageManager in MacPython?

    --
    Serge Rey http://geography.sdsu.edu/rey.html
    Clue: angst and pretentiousness are boring.

    Serge Rey, Nov 7, 2004

  3. Lou Pecora

    Maurice LING Guest

    Lou Pecora wrote:

    > I upgraded to Panther a month ago and just upgraded to MacPython 10.3
    > Addons (as per Jack Jansen's page - thanks, Jack).
    >
    > But now my programs can't even find standard modules. from Numeric
    > import * brings up the error window: Can't find module Numeric. Even
    > trig functions sine and cosine generate the same type of error. I've
    > looked over the FAQ and can't see any answers (maybe I missed
    > something). I'm guessing this is a Path problem, but I'm stumped. I
    > have PYTHONPATH set to some of my modules (which seems to work), but not
    > sure what to do about standard stuff.
    >
    > Any clues appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > -- Lou Pecora (my views are my own)
    >
    > P.S. I posted this on Python-Mac-SIG email list, too. Sorry if you are seeing it again.

    Did you ever install Python through Fink or had used Fink before?

    Try to do
    import sys
    sys.path()
    and see where it points to?

    My suspicion is that there are more than one pythons in your system now...

    Cheers
    maurice

    Maurice LING, Nov 7, 2004
  4. Lou Pecora

    Lou Pecora Guest

    In article <>,
    Serge Rey <> wrote:

    > did you install Numeric via the PackageManager in MacPython?

    Yes, did that. I think the older MacPythons automatically had Numeric,
    but not so now. Thanks. That's working, but trig functions still seem
    to be unknown to Python. Can't understand that.

    -- Lou Pecora (my views are my own)

    Lou Pecora, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Lou Pecora

    Lou Pecora Guest

    In article <>,
    Maurice LING <> wrote:

    > Did you ever install Python through Fink or had used Fink before?
    >
    > Try to do
    > import sys
    > sys.path()
    > and see where it points to?
    >
    > My suspicion is that there are more than one pythons in your system now...
    >
    > Cheers
    > maurice

    Ah...Good idea. Will give that a go. I did not install any Fink stuff
    ever. Only thing I had was the old Python 2.2 for Jaguar from 2003.
    That seemed to be deleted automatically when I installed the 2.3 addons.

    -- Lou Pecora (my views are my own)

    Lou Pecora, Nov 8, 2004