Installed .net1.1 and my IIS SMTP no longer works

jbrooksga

Hello,

First of all I know nothing about programming.

Recently had to install .Net1.1 on my W2K server to support an
application I had purchased. The .Net1.1 was installed as part of the
process with my new application. Everything seemed to be fine.

But now, my IIS SMTP server will not send email at all. Messages go
into the queue, but will not be sent. I get constant event logs
indicating it could not connect to the remote server. Also, when
testing the SMTP with a utility, I get a 10060 error when it attempts
to connect to other servers on port 25.

Why did this happen? Did the .Net1.1 step on my SMTP server?

Any help would be appreciated.