    1.1 version, and 2.0 applications know to use the 2.0 version?

    Thanks in advance.

    Mark

    Mark, Nov 17, 2005

  2. 1.1 and 2.0 run side-by-side with no problems.

    You will have to manually assign the version of the .Net Framework the apps
    run under, in the ASP.NET tab of the application's properties in the Internet
    Service Manager, or with Denis Bauer's ASP.NET Version Switcher ( free ) :

    http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Juan T. Llibre schrieb:

    > 1.1 and 2.0 run side-by-side with no problems.
    >
    > You will have to manually assign the version of the .Net Framework the apps
    > run under, in the ASP.NET tab of the application's properties in the Internet
    > Service Manager, or with Denis Bauer's ASP.NET Version Switcher ( free ) :
    >
    > http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

    This program is nice but not needed. After installing the .Net Framework
    2.0 my IIS shows a new configuration panel for every website, called
    "ASP.net". On this page you can easily change the used ASP.Net Version.

    Jan

    Jan Peter Stotz, Nov 17, 2005
  4. Mark

    Greg Burns Guest

    "Jan Peter Stotz" <> wrote in message
    > This program is nice but not needed. After installing the .Net Framework
    > 2.0 my IIS shows a new configuration panel for every website, called
    > "ASP.net". On this page you can easily change the used ASP.Net Version.
    >
    > Jan

    Juan did state that option also.

    There is a bug out there some people are running into where that tab does
    not appear. Use the registry hack workaround posted here:

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/ViewWorkaround.aspx?FeedbackID=FDBK21319#1

    Greg

    Greg Burns, Nov 17, 2005
  5. re:
    > This program is nice but not needed.

    There's been some bug reports that say that the
    ASP.NET tab does not appear in the IIS Manager,
    in some configurations ( primarily when a Beta version
    hasn't been fully uninstalled ).

    In those cases, it's very useful as a workaround.

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 17, 2005