    Googling for this I wasn't able to narrow the results down to
    something usable. Anyone know of issues and how to fix them installing
    on vista 64 (yes, I have 8 gigs of ram)
    DwBear75, Jul 23, 2009

  2. I have installed the 32 bit 2.6 and the 64 bit 3.1 on my machine
    running Vista 64 without any issues.

    Which of course has nothing to do with your problem....

    On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:06 PM, DwBear75<> wrote:
    > I just downloaded and attempted to install python 2.6.2.  The
    > installer proceeds to do its work then dies, leaving an entry in the
    > eventlog:
    >
    > Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Python 2.6.2.
    > Product Version: 2.6.2150. Product Language: 1033. Installation
    > success or error status: 1602.
    >
    > Googling for this I wasn't able to narrow the results down to
    > something usable. Anyone know of issues and how to fix them installing
    > on vista 64 (yes, I have 8 gigs of ram)

    (\__/)
    ( o_O)
    ( > <) Este es Conejo. Copia a Conejo en tu firma y ayúdale en sus
    planes de dominación mundial.
    Jaime Fernandez del Rio, Jul 23, 2009

  3. > I just downloaded and attempted to install python 2.6.2. The
    > installer proceeds to do its work then dies, leaving an entry in the
    > eventlog:
    >
    > Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Python 2.6.2.
    > Product Version: 2.6.2150. Product Language: 1033. Installation
    > success or error status: 1602.

    Are you using subst'ed drives by any chance?

    > Googling for this I wasn't able to narrow the results down to
    > something usable. Anyone know of issues and how to fix them installing
    > on vista 64 (yes, I have 8 gigs of ram)

    Run "msiexec /i <pythonxy.msi> /l*v python.log", and search the log file
    for 1602. This should give a clue.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. Löwis, Jul 24, 2009