Installing 2.6 on Win 7

Discussion in 'Python' started by ray, Sep 9, 2011.

  1. ray

    ray Guest

    ray, Sep 9, 2011

  2. ray

    Brian Curtin Guest

    On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 15:04, ray <> wrote:

    > I have not found binaries for this install.  The page
    > http://www.python.org/download/windows/
    > takes me to
    > http://www.python.org/download/releases/
    > which goes to
    > http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/
    > Here are Gzip and Bzip tar balls.  The readme files describe linux
    > builds and the content seems to match.
    >
    > Are there win binaries or source files?

    As stated at the top of that page...
    """Python 2.6.7 is a security-fix only source release for Python
    2.6.6, fixing several reported security issues. Python 2.6.7 was
    released on June 3, 2011."""

    If you work backwards, http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/
    is the last version binaries were created for.

    Brian Curtin, Sep 9, 2011

  3. On 9/9/2011 2:04 PM, ray wrote:
    > I have not found binaries for this install. The page
    > http://www.python.org/download/windows/
    > takes me to
    > http://www.python.org/download/releases/
    > which goes to
    > http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.7/
    > Here are Gzip and Bzip tar balls. The readme files describe linux
    > builds and the content seems to match.
    >
    > Are there win binaries or source files?

    http://www.python.org/getit/releases/2.6.6/
    has a release for windows x86 and x64