     install.rb in the package so I just extracted it to C:\Ruby... but
     it doesn't seem to work so I must have to do something else? Help!
     Regards, Abe

    Abe Vionas, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Abe Vionas

    Ben Giddings Guest

    Abe Vionas wrote:
    > So, I ran across this guy who's trying to make it so the flash VM
    > can interoperate with Ruby, and since that'd be a pretty freakin
    > powerful/flexible combination I thought I'd see what it was all
    > about. However, I can't even get it installed. It doesn't have an
    > install.rb in the package so I just extracted it to C:\Ruby... but
    > it doesn't seem to work so I must have to do something else? Help!
    > Regards, Abe

    This does sound interesting. Who made the package? Where can you find
    it? I'd really be interested in a replacement for Actionscript.

    Ben

    Ben Giddings, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Abe Vionas

    Chad Fowler Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:39:40 +0900, Ben Giddings
    <> wrote:

    > Abe Vionas wrote:
    > > So, I ran across this guy who's trying to make it so the flash VM
    > > can interoperate with Ruby, and since that'd be a pretty freakin
    > > powerful/flexible combination I thought I'd see what it was all
    > > about. However, I can't even get it installed. It doesn't have an
    > > install.rb in the package so I just extracted it to C:\Ruby... but
    > > it doesn't seem to work so I must have to do something else? Help!
    > > Regards, Abe

    > This does sound interesting. Who made the package? Where can you find
    > it? I'd really be interested in a replacement for Actionscript.

    Rich Kilmer. http://alph.rubyforge.org. It bridges flash and ruby
    (and Java in this case). Did you try the instructions here:
    http://alph.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

    Chad

    Chad Fowler, Oct 11, 2004