installing and uninstalling packages...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Matt Price, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Matt Price

    Matt Price Guest

    Hi,

    I have two quick questions about managing packages:

    1) I'm writing a simple module with which I would like to include a
    couple of macros for the MoinMoin wiki system. The files I want to
    install are, say:

    MainModule.py
    ExtraFunctions.py

    MoinMacro1.py
    MoinMacro2.py

    I'd like to install MainModule and ExtraFunctions as usual in the
    local site-packages directory (on my debian system:
    /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/). As for the Moin macros,
    I'd like ot check somehow if MoinMoin is installed on the system, and
    if it's installed, put the MoinMacro(1|2).py files in the moin macro
    directory (again, on my system:
    /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/macro/). Is there a way to
    do this in setup.py?

    2) a more general question: is there an accepted way to uninstall
    packages once they've been installed? I didn't notice documentation
    on this feature in the manual.

    thanks much!

    Matt

    Matt Price
    History Department, University of Toronto
    (416) 978-2094

    please don't use the following addresses:
    Matt Price, Oct 27, 2004