Installing ASP.NET 2.0 for webservice made with Visual studio 2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by acteon@yahoo.com, Jul 4, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I recently updated a web service project that was originally created by
    a consultant with Visual Studio 2003 with Visual Studio 2005.

    The .MSI file told me I needed the 2.0 framework, so I installed it.
    When I converted the project I was warned that ASP 2.0 would be needed.

    I tried to install the webservice on a test webserver running Win2k.
    It has ASP 1.1 installed. I looked on the Microsoft site and although
    I saw the dot net framework 2.0 I could not find the Asp .NET version
    2.0

    Where can I find that framework and install it ? The clients I am
    updating the web service for will need to upgrade as well as what they
    have was developped for Visual Studio 2003.

    Is there a redistributable version that I can find on one of the disks
    that comes with Visual Studio 2005 professionnal ?

    , Jul 4, 2006

  2. I think what you are referring to is that the IIS Virtual Directory needs to
    have its script maps configured for ASP.NET 2.0. You can find this on the
    ASP.NET TAB in the IIS property sheets for the web.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Jul 4, 2006

    Peter wrote:
    > I think what you are referring to is that the IIS Virtual Directory needs to
    > have its script maps configured for ASP.NET 2.0. You can find this on the
    > ASP.NET TAB in the IIS property sheets for the web.
    > Peter

    Thanks, I found it this morning and made a note of it.

    , Jul 5, 2006