Installing ASP.NET

Elizabeth

I have .NET 2002 and 2003 installed on my dev machine; somehow it seems I am
not set up to run ASP.NET on the dev machine. IIS is there and I configured
it to handle .aspx extensions with aspnet_isapi.dll ... but it doesn't work.
Apparently, when I installed VS both times I didn't want to do ASP.NET on
the dev machine ... now I do

so what do I have to do now to get it installed ?

thanks ...

Elizabeth

Mark Rae said:
Well, you could start by explaining how you know it doesn't work...

Requests for .ASPX pages yield a HTTP 500 -- Internal Server Error ....
requests for .ASP pages work fine

Juan T. Llibre

have you tried executing

aspnet_regiis -i

from a command window in the .Net Framework directory ?

drive:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322

If the .net framework is installed but isn't registered, that will get it registered with IIS.

Elizabeth

Juan T. Llibre said:
have you tried executing

aspnet_regiis -i

from a command window in the .Net Framework directory ?

:) BINGO ! Thank you, Juan .. you have no doubt saved me many, many hours
of frustration and aggravation ....

Elizabeth

Juan T. Llibre

I'm glad to have zeroed in on the problem, Elizabeth,
and I'm quite glad you're up and running.