    and dumpbin contained in?

    Thanks;

    Sherman

    Sherman Willden, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Purl Gurl <> wrote in message

    > Brass tacks is if you don't have Microsoft Visual C 5.x or greater,
    > forget this module. This module, like other modules, could be
    > compiled with a variety of excellent free compilers, such as
    > Borland or Watcom.

    However, Larry Wall has sold out to Microsoft.
    > Perl, as this applies to Win32 applications, is now Microsoft
    > propriety software.

    Do you know of any documents substantiating this, and could you
    post the URL's of any such documents?

    Bryan Castillo, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Thanks for everyone's replys. I now know where to start looking. I do
    have Visual Studio installed and have scripted all the builds for
    VC++, VB, etc. We just set up ClearCase client on my machine.

    Sherman

    Sherman Willden, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Purl Gurl <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Bryan Castillo wrote:

    <snip>

    > > > However, Larry Wall has sold out to Microsoft. Perl, as this
    > > > applies to Win32 applications, is now Microsoft propriety software.

    > > Do you know of any documents substantiating this, and could you
    > > post the URL's of any such documents?

    > Perl core compiled for Win32, is this document. Any Perl module compiled
    > for Win32, is this document. Indigo Perl is this document. Activestate
    > is this document. Perl documentation documents this, as well.

    I've been trying to figure out exactly what you are talking about and
    have been searching google for articles and have read the license
    agreements distributed with Indigo and ActiveState distributions.
    I don't see how Larry Wall sold out to Microsoft and I do not
    see how perl is Microsoft proprietary software.

    Are you reffering to the way companies distribute perl with the artistic
    license, while also distributing other tools under their own
    license?

    > I bet you sometimes have problems with walking into walls, with this
    > inability of yours to notice what is right in front of your face.

    You are right, I have been known to walk into walls.
    Often, I am wrong and ill informed and would appreciate your help
    in understanding how Larry Wall sold out to Microsoft.

    Thank you.

    Bryan Castillo, Jun 27, 2003
  5. Ok, I got it.
    1. Didn't have ClearCase in the path, lib, or inc
    2. Even after putting in the path to ClearCase the scripts still
    couldn't find it. The path should be C:\Program
    Files\rational\ClearCase\bin. The path where ClearCase is installed is
    C:\Program Files\rational\bin. I set the CLEARCASEHOME environment
    variable to C:\Program Files\rational\bin.

    CtCmd is now installed.

    Sherman

    Sherman Willden, Jun 30, 2003