    I can plus in one of my cygwin dir's somewhere?

    Thanks
    Glenn

    Glenn, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Glenn

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Glenn" <> wrote in message
    news:jz7sd.6230$...

    > I have installed MySQL in Program Files _prior_ to my install of cygwin..
    > is this an issue in and of itself?

    So far as I know, you can't use the Windows version of MySQL from cygwin,
    but you're probably better off asking this question in a MySQL forum. I
    suspect that you'll be told you have to compile a version for cygwin,
    though.

    Matt

    Matt Garrish, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Glenn

    Alan Mead Guest

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:31:11 +0000, Glenn wrote:

    > I'm having an issue installing the DBD::mysql; it's complaining about
    > not being able to find mysql_config.
    >
    > I've seen some posts regarding installing mysql-devel.. I'm unsure what
    > this means.
    >
    > I have installed MySQL in Program Files _prior_ to my install of
    > cygwin.. is this an issue in and of itself?
    >
    > Is it possible for someone to provide a template mysql_config file that
    > I can plus in one of my cygwin dir's somewhere?

    If you can find it, a few days ago there was a thread about this and Paul
    Lalli, I think, posted a link to some DBD::mysql docs. It looked as
    though it might be difficult to do this. I agree with the other poster;
    you should see if there is someone in the mysql community that has done
    this and could help.

    -Alan

    Alan Mead, Dec 5, 2004
  4. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    Alan Mead wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:31:11 +0000, Glenn wrote:
    >

    >>I'm having an issue installing the DBD::mysql; it's complaining about
    >>not being able to find mysql_config.
    >>
    >>I've seen some posts regarding installing mysql-devel.. I'm unsure what
    >>this means.
    >>
    >>I have installed MySQL in Program Files _prior_ to my install of
    >>cygwin.. is this an issue in and of itself?
    >>
    >>Is it possible for someone to provide a template mysql_config file that
    >>I can plus in one of my cygwin dir's somewhere?

    > If you can find it, a few days ago there was a thread about this and Paul
    > Lalli, I think, posted a link to some DBD::mysql docs. It looked as
    > though it might be difficult to do this. I agree with the other poster;
    > you should see if there is someone in the mysql community that has done
    > this and could help.
    >
    > -Alan

    OK, I'll check it out.. from what I see there are a bunch of
    "mailing.mysql" groups, then a mysql.users. I'll post in the latter,
    although I didn't even see any posts in there.

    If you know of a better group to post on, please let me know.

    Thanks again for the responses

    ~Glenn

    Glenn, Dec 5, 2004