installing dbd::mysql via cygwin on windows

Glenn

Hi,

I'm having an issue installing the DBD::mysql; it's complaining about
not being able to find mysql_config.

I've seen some posts regarding installing mysql-devel.. I'm unsure what
this means.

I have installed MySQL in Program Files _prior_ to my install of
cygwin.. is this an issue in and of itself?

Is it possible for someone to provide a template mysql_config file that
I can plus in one of my cygwin dir's somewhere?

Thanks
Glenn

Matt Garrish

Glenn said:
I have installed MySQL in Program Files _prior_ to my install of cygwin..
is this an issue in and of itself?

So far as I know, you can't use the Windows version of MySQL from cygwin,
but you're probably better off asking this question in a MySQL forum. I
suspect that you'll be told you have to compile a version for cygwin,
though.

Matt

Alan Mead

I'm having an issue installing the DBD::mysql; it's complaining about
not being able to find mysql_config.

I've seen some posts regarding installing mysql-devel.. I'm unsure what
this means.

I have installed MySQL in Program Files _prior_ to my install of
cygwin.. is this an issue in and of itself?

Is it possible for someone to provide a template mysql_config file that
I can plus in one of my cygwin dir's somewhere?

If you can find it, a few days ago there was a thread about this and Paul
Lalli, I think, posted a link to some DBD::mysql docs. It looked as
though it might be difficult to do this. I agree with the other poster;
you should see if there is someone in the mysql community that has done
this and could help.

-Alan

Glenn

Alan said:
If you can find it, a few days ago there was a thread about this and Paul
Lalli, I think, posted a link to some DBD::mysql docs. It looked as
though it might be difficult to do this. I agree with the other poster;
you should see if there is someone in the mysql community that has done
this and could help.

-Alan

OK, I'll check it out.. from what I see there are a bunch of
"mailing.mysql" groups, then a mysql.users. I'll post in the latter,
although I didn't even see any posts in there.

If you know of a better group to post on, please let me know.

Thanks again for the responses

~Glenn