    I've spent best part of a day on this and its getting me down.

    Thanks,

    Dan
    Dan, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Dan wrote:

    > I'm really struggling to get mysql to work with OS-X. I want to use
    > Perl to do some simple database stuff. MySQL went on a dream, but I
    > can't get DBI to install.

    You might have better luck asking about this on perl.org's macosx list:

    <http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=macosx>

    But *please*, before you ask, search the archives. This very question
    has been asked (and answered) many times before. Especially relevant is
    this post from Ed Moy, Apple's "Perl guy":

    <http://www.mail-archive.com/macosx%40perl.org/msg05736.html>

    > Apple has such a good approach to development; providing Apache and
    > Perl in the standard OS, so why can't they put MySQL in as well!

    It's included with Mac OS X Server.

    sherm--

    Sherm Pendley, Apr 27, 2005