Installing Dotnet Framework on WIndows NT

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Santosh, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. Santosh

    Santosh Guest

    Could any body tell me about how to Install and get running Dot Net
    Framework on Windows NT.

    I tried everything as suggested by Microsoft.

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

    When I try and Install Dot Net Framework on Windows NT, It does not Install
    aspnet_isapi.dll under the Microsoft.Net folder

    I am not sure what is the reason.

    Any Help is appreciated.

    TIA
    --

    Santosh

    Santosh, Jun 14, 2004

  2. On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:27:37 -0400, Santosh <>
    wrote:

    > Could any body tell me about how to Install and get running Dot Net
    > Framework on Windows NT.
    >
    > I tried everything as suggested by Microsoft.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en
    >
    > When I try and Install Dot Net Framework on Windows NT, It does not
    > Install
    > aspnet_isapi.dll under the Microsoft.Net folder
    >
    > I am not sure what is the reason.
    >
    > Any Help is appreciated.
    >
    > TIA

    you need IIS 5.x to be able to run ASP.NET (see your link). I didn't
    think you could run IIS 5.x on NT, it runs IIS 4.x, so even though NT is
    listed, ASP.NET will not work. The rest of the framework (Windows Forms,
    etc.) will run on NT.

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Santosh

    lennyli

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Thanks to Craig's sharing of insight - we have a different situation about Microsoft .net framework.
    We seem to have installed successfully .net framework 1.1 and 2.0 on a Windows Me PC. But because it is windows me, unlike windows xp, there is no 'administrative tools' under control panel. therefore the configuration icon of the .net framework is unaccessible. if i try to execute the mscorcfg.msc file (used by the .net configuration icon shortcut), it does not run. We need to adjust the configuration so that our .net app will run. What can I do besides ditching the operating system and upgrading to winxp(/+hardware)?

    lennyli, Aug 1, 2006