installing extra file through ExtUtils::MakeMaker

Abdul-Wahid Paterson

Hi,

I have been using ExtUtils::MakeMaker in a Makefile.PL to package and
install a perl script and a few perl modules. At the moment my
Makefile.PL is very simple, I just copied it from a few examples.

I am now wanting to have a few templates and configuration files
installed by "make install" but was not sure what I should put in my
Makefile.PL to acheive this. Can anyone give me any examples of how to
install extra supporting files?

Thanks,

Abdul-Wahid

Anno Siegel

Abdul-Wahid Paterson said:
Hi,

I have been using ExtUtils::MakeMaker in a Makefile.PL to package and
install a perl script and a few perl modules. At the moment my
Makefile.PL is very simple, I just copied it from a few examples.

I am now wanting to have a few templates and configuration files
installed by "make install" but was not sure what I should put in my
Makefile.PL to acheive this. Can anyone give me any examples of how to
install extra supporting files?

Put them in MANIFEST. Better yet, build yourself a good MANIFEST.SKIP
and run "make manifest" after adding a file.

Anno