Installing font with webstart

Kevin Munro

Hi, how do I install and register a font using webstart? I'm
installing to Windows at the moment but later I'll be installing Linux
etc...

Thanks, Elon.

Dale King

Kevin Munro said:
Hi, how do I install and register a font using webstart? I'm
installing to Windows at the moment but later I'll be installing Linux
etc...

Java has no special support for installing fonts to the system. You can
however read the font from the Jar file and use it by way of
Font.createFont.

Roedy Green

Hi, how do I install and register a font using webstart? I'm
installing to Windows at the moment but later I'll be installing Linux
etc...

On Win2K you can just copy the file to C:\winnt\fonts

S. Balk

Hi, how do I install and register a font using webstart? I'm
On Win2K you can just copy the file to C:\winnt\fonts

You don't know where the admin or the user put the windows-directory. It's
much safer to use Font.createFont(...); in this case.