    manager directly. Is there something I should look at
    to 'enable' serving asp pages? Normally this is faairly
    straight forward but I am stubbling here

    Billy, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Billy

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:39:01 -0800, "Billy"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm having a issue with one box where it will not serve
    >any ASP pages, even when i browse them from the IIS
    >manager directly. Is there something I should look at
    >to 'enable' serving asp pages? Normally this is faairly
    >straight forward but I am stubbling here

    1) You can't browse for the IIS Manager and expect to server ASP.
    ASP must be processed through a server, so it has to be loaded as a
    URL (http://www.sample.com/myscript.asp)

    2) The rest of the answer will depend greatly on your IIS version,
    your other settings, whether you run AV or firewall software, URLScan
    or the IIS Lockdown tool and what *exactly* you *do* see when you try
    this.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Dec 16, 2003

  3. Billy

    Tom B Guest

    I think you misunderstood what he meant by browsing from the IIS manager --
    if you right click a site/directory there's a browse option that opens the
    browser to the correct URL

    Tom B, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Billy

    Tom B Guest

    What version of IIS is it? I believe IIS 6.0 disables ASP by default, and
    needs to be turned on.

    Tom B, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Billy

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:01:49 -0500, "Tom B"
    <> wrote:

    >I think you misunderstood what he meant by browsing from the IIS manager --
    >if you right click a site/directory there's a browse option that opens the
    >browser to the correct URL

    Or, he's browsing the directory structure in the MMC and double
    clicking to launch the file... :)

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Billy

    Billy Guest

    It's IIS 5.0 and i dug into the log:

    The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'.
    The error was 'No such interface supported'.

    I scanned the knowledgebase and no real answer was found.

    Billy, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Billy

    Billy Guest

    Yes thats correct, right click and browse..

    It's IIS 5.0 and i dug into the log:

    The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'.
    The error was 'No such interface supported'.

    I scanned the knowledgebase and no real answer was found.

    message

    Billy, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Billy

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:33:18 -0800, "Billy"
    <> wrote:

    >It's IIS 5.0 and i dug into the log:
    >
    >The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'.
    >The error was 'No such interface supported'.
    >
    >I scanned the knowledgebase and no real answer was found.

    Should've scanned the newsgroups or Googled them. It gets posted a
    couple dozen times a month. :)

    Make sure you post the event ID and source when you post the event log
    entry, or look them up at eventid.net. My guess is it was an ID of
    36, source of W3SVC. Most common cause is Crystal Reports 8 (see
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q286814 to
    fix) or a Code Red/Nimda infection (Virus scanners all gte this now,
    and you should have instaled the security fixes a year ago...).

    For others, see:

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=36&source=w3svc

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Dec 17, 2003