    Is there any IIS server download for xp available in the web so that I can
    get a local web server up and running real quick? Thanks in advance.
    Regards.

    Jack, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Jack

    John Guest

    Configuration, Sofware, left pane Add/Remove Windows applications, IIS

    John, Oct 13, 2004

  3. No, you will need to find the XP CD. I do not believe IIS is offered for
    download anywhere.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    "Jack" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a computer where I installed windows xp professional. However,

    during
    > installation, I did not choose the IIS server component. Now, I need to
    > install the IIS Server. At the moment, I am not carrying the windows xp

    CD.

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Oct 13, 2004
  4. ....which will require the CD.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Oct 13, 2004
  5. As a side note, when I install an OS, if I do this from a CD, after
    installing, I copy the I386 directory from the CD to the hard drive of the
    machine. After that, I change the value of
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Currentversion\SourcePath to reflect the
    location of the I386 that I copied, i.e. C:\I386.

    By copying I386 (and optionally changing the SourcePath), you don't need to
    worry about having the CD with you. This is especially helpful on laptops.
    With the size of today's hard drives, the space that copying I386 takes up
    is pretty irrelevant.

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Oct 13, 2004