    some switches I can use with the installer to force it to install in
    English?

    --Elton Sanchez

    Elton Sir Sanjiyan Sanchez, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Elton Sir Sanjiyan Sanchez schrieb:
    > I have the US release of WindowsXP Professional and have set the
    > language to Japanese. I used the option used specifically for
    > non-Unicode programs.
    > (See Start->Control Panel->Regional and Language
    > Options->Advanced->Language for non-Unicode Programs.)
    >
    > I just tried to install the SDK and the installer, compiler, and most
    > all the other command-line tools report back in Japanese. Since my
    > knowledge of the language is not advanced enough to be able to read
    > error messages and what not, is there an English-only version of the
    > SDK available from Sun's website (or elsewhere)? If not, are there
    > some switches I can use with the installer to force it to install in
    > English?
    >
    > --Elton Sanchez

    I don't know about additional downloads, but you could try to start the
    java commands with -Duser.language=en then they should use english as the
    language for error reports.

    Thomas

    Thomas Kellerer, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Elton  Sir Sanjiyan  Sanchez

    Guest

    Hmm. I tried the -Duser.language=en switch on my test program with javac,
    but it didn't seem to work. Here's what I tried it with.

    public static class EarlyReturn
    {
    public static void main(String [] arg)
    {
    return;;;; //did this to generate errors

    I then tried to compile:
    > javac -Duser.language=en EarlyReturn.java

    But I got an error which basically said javac does not support such a
    flag/option. (In Japanese, too)
    Were you referring to the Java2 SDK installer? Should I apply
    -Duser.language=en to that?

    Open for replies from anyone. I would like to get English error messages. I
    know some Japanese, but I'm not _that_ good.

    --Elton Sanchez

    On 29-Feb-2004, Thomas Kellerer <> wrote:

    > I don't know about additional downloads, but you could try to start the
    > java commands with -Duser.language=en then they should use english as the
    > language for error reports.
    >
    > Thomas

    , Mar 2, 2004
  4. Elton  Sir Sanjiyan  Sanchez

    hiwa Guest

    amformepleeeze wrote in message news:<Oa91c.18524$>...
    > Hmm. I tried the -Duser.language=en switch on my test program with javac,
    > but it didn't seem to work. Here's what I tried it with.
    >
    > public static class EarlyReturn
    > {
    > public static void main(String [] arg)
    > {
    > return;;;; //did this to generate errors
    >
    > I then tried to compile:
    > > javac -Duser.language=en EarlyReturn.java

    > But I got an error which basically said javac does not support such a
    > flag/option. (In Japanese, too)
    > Were you referring to the Java2 SDK installer? Should I apply
    > -Duser.language=en to that?
    >
    > Open for replies from anyone. I would like to get English error messages. I
    > know some Japanese, but I'm not _that_ good.
    >
    > --Elton Sanchez
    >

    > On 29-Feb-2004, Thomas Kellerer <> wrote:
    >
    > > I don't know about additional downloads, but you could try to start the
    > > java commands with -Duser.language=en then they should use english as the
    > > language for error reports.
    > >
    > > Thomas

    I haven't tried but I guess changing locale temporarily might be
    effective for your problem. You can change locale at OS level or in
    your own Java(javac/java) launcher program using java.util.Locale
    class/object.

    hiwa, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Elton  Sir Sanjiyan  Sanchez

    Guest

    Actually I tried using the -? with the Java2 1.4.1_3 SDK installer and I got
    a pop-up window something interesting:

    /L LanguageID

    Does anyone know how to use this switch? I couldn't find anything in the
    docs about this...maybe someone has dug deeper than me?

    --Sir Sanjiyan

    On 2-Mar-2004, (hiwa) wrote:

    > > Open for replies from anyone. I would like to get English error
    > > messages from javac. I know some Japanese, but I'm not _that_ good.

    , Mar 3, 2004