Installing librairies (window OS)

ernond_paul

Hi all,

I'm currently having trouble installaing librairies under a window OS.
first, I've developped a perl Gtk application under linux (it's works
well) ; and I would like to run it in window os. This application use
Gnome2, Gnome2::Canvas, Gtk2::GladeXML (and others one).

Under win (xp) I've first install ActivePerl (5.8.? => I don't
remember exactly ;-) )
Next, I've tryed to run ppm (the little user interface to install
packages) but Gnome2::Canvas isn't into the repository...

Then, I've tryed "cpan > install Gnome2::Canvas" => "install seems
impossible"
then : "cpan > look install Gnome2::Canvas" => perl Makefile.pl were
OK ; but make and make install were impossible because I'm under win
OS; How can I install make to build librairies ?

Please, could someone help me ? :)

Bart Lateur

I'm currently having trouble installaing librairies under a window OS.
first, I've developped a perl Gtk application under linux (it's works
well) ; and I would like to run it in window os. This application use
Gnome2, Gnome2::Canvas, Gtk2::GladeXML (and others one).

Under win (xp) I've first install ActivePerl (5.8.? => I don't
remember exactly ;-) )
Next, I've tryed to run ppm (the little user interface to install
packages) but Gnome2::Canvas isn't into the repository...

Take a look at
<http://live.gnome.org/GTK2-Perl/FrequentlyAskedQuestions>

I think you can find links to whatever you need there.

Henry Law

Next, I've tryed to run ppm (the little user interface to install
packages) but Gnome2::Canvas isn't into the repository...

It might be worth while trying some additional repositories.
Activestate's own library is very comprehensive but in the past I've
found it necessary to include the University of Winnipeg's repository as
well, for reasons I now forget. This is from the command-line version
of ppm.

ppm> rep
Repositories:
[1] ActiveState Package Repository