    installation.

    Thanks,
    --j

    John, Jan 16, 2007

  2. > I have a suse box that has by default python 2.4 running and I have a
    > 2.5 version installed
    > in /reg/python2.5. How do I install new modules for only 2.5 without
    > disturbing the 2.4 default
    > installation.

    If you do 'python2.5 setup.py install' on a new module supporting
    distutils it will only effect the 2.5 installation. If the new module
    has no setup.py you can just copy it to /reg/python2.5/site-packages
    and it will also only effect the 2.5 installation.

    HTH.

    Daniel Nogradi, Jan 16, 2007