Installing modules on Solaris in non-default location

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by boekhold@gmail.com, Nov 24, 2004.

    I'm having quite some difficulty in installing even the simplest Perl
    module on a Solaris 2.8 system (default perl installation) if I try to
    use a non-default installation directory.

    Typically 'perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/dir' would work, but this still
    tries to place the files under /usr/perl5/5.00503/site_perl.

    'perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/dir LIB=/dir/lib' comes a bit further, but
    still fails at installing the manual pages in the correct location.

    'perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/dir INSTALLSITELIB=/dir INSTALLDIRS=site \
    INSTALLMAN1DIR=/dir/man/man1 INSTALLMAN3DIR=/dir/man/man3' comes even
    further, but fails on 'Appending installation info to
    /usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris/perllocal.pod'

    Why is this so difficult with the standard solaris perl installation?

    "This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris"
    Kind regards, Maarten
    , Nov 24, 2004

  2. boekhold Guest

    Hmm, I'll be damned. The following seems to work:

    perl Makefile.PL LIB= PREFIX= INSTALLMAN1DIR= INSTALLMAN3DIR=
    Still, would be nice if just 'PREFIX' would do the job...

    Maarten
    boekhold, Nov 24, 2004