Installing MySQL Module on Windows?

Christopher Aldridge

All, I'm having a very tuff time getting this mysql module working on
XP. All searches yeild how to's that were last updated in 2003, or
linux only environments.

Anyone here know an exact method of getting this working?

(note, I've tried non 2.7-beta2 versions of this module and other
versions of mysql to no avail)

C:\mysql-ruby-2.7-beta2>extconf.rb
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in m.lib... yes
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in z.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in socket.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no

C:\mysql-ruby-2.7-beta2>extconf.rb --with-mysql-dir=3Dc:/mysql
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in m.lib... yes
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in z.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in socket.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no
checking for main() in nsl.lib... no
checking for mysql_query() in mysqlclient.lib... no

C:\mysql-ruby-2.7-beta2>mysql --version
mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.13a, for Win32 (ia32)
C:\mysql-ruby-2.7-beta2>

HELP!! :)

Mark Volkmann

------=_Part_10291_21413685.1123905321631

I went through similar pains and never did figure it out. Finally someone=
=20
demonstrated using ActiveRecord for me. I didn't need to do any=20
MySQL-specific setup to get that to work with MySQL. That's what I use now.

=20
[...]

R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

------=_Part_10291_21413685.1123905321631--

Christopher Aldridge

I briefly read into ActiveRecord and do not think it will suffice
given my scenerio.

As of now, I'm doing inserts into MySQL by using system("mysql -u x -p
x db -e "insert into asdf values ${asfd})

I just feel that this is hacky.. I even looked into odbc but that's
only usable w/ this mysql module :-\