Installing Net Framework Service Pack 1

dancer

I have made a new post because when I try to respond to another, I get the
error, "Article Rejected -- Ill-formed message id"

This is in response to the advice of Juan Libre to install Net Framework
Service Pack 1 in order to use ASP.net 1.1 and the net Framework 1.1
I found the file, "svcpack.log" at C:\WINNT.
It is a file of many lines, some of which are the following.

1577.734: Num Ticks for Reg update and deleting 0 size files : 17187
1577.734: DoInstallation: ApplyAdminSystemAclsRecursive for
c:\winnt\$hf_mig$\Service Pack 2 failed; error=0x00000003
1577.734: Starting process:
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\copy2gac /i /a /p:"C:\Program
Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\1.7\"
1577

Does this mean that the Net Framework Service Pack 1 is *already* installed?

Mark Fitzpatrick

I don't think so as it doesn't look like you'er running the 1.1 framework.
It looks as if your site is running against the 1.0 framework. I can't say
if the framework is installed as it could be, but your site is set to pull
from the 1.0 assemblies instead. The service pack should show up in the
add/remove programs I believe, though I can't be sure as I don't have the
1.1 framework installed right now.