    of effort?

    Thanks and regards,
    Ashish

    ashish, Dec 29, 2005

  2. ashish

    Tintin Guest

    "ashish" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to install Perl 5.8.6 and some modules on about 30
    > machines. Some are solaris and some are linux.
    >
    > Are there any suggestions on how I can do this with the minimum amount
    > of effort?

    There's a few approaches you can take.

    What Linux distribution are you running? A lot of the common ones like
    Fedora, Debian etc have the popular Perl modules packaged, so they are easy
    to install.

    Do any of the modules you want to install have a compiled component?

    Tintin, Dec 29, 2005

  3. ashish

    Paul Lalli Guest

    ashish wrote:
    > I would like to install Perl 5.8.6 and some modules on about 30
    > machines. Some are solaris and some are linux.
    >
    > Are there any suggestions on how I can do this with the minimum amount
    > of effort?

    http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.80/lib/CPAN.pm#Bundles

    issue the 'autobundle' command from within a CPAN shell on a machine
    that has all thirty modules. Copy the resulting Bundle file to each of
    the other machines, and run 'install <bundle_file>' from within a CPAN
    shell on each of them.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Dec 29, 2005
  4. ashish

    gs Guest

    use autoexpect and install once using the CPAN shell.
    do minor modifications to the script.exp.
    run it to install on all the machines.

    /,
    GS

    gs, Dec 29, 2005