Installing Perl modules

vincente13

I'm doing my development on my windows machine.
E.g.
my perl scripts are in c:\work

The modules i've downloaded i put into c:\work\<modules>

It works fine.

Now i need to use it on the unix machine and it doesnt seems to work by
putting the modules into /work/<modules>

How can i achieve the same without "installing" on the machine.

i've tried
BEGIN {
unshift(@INC,"/work/<modules>");
}

Its not picking up the modules from the directory

Mirco Wahab

Hi vincente
Now i need to use it on the unix machine and it doesnt seems to work by
putting the modules into /work/<modules>

How can i achieve the same without "installing" on the machine.

i've tried
BEGIN {
unshift(@INC,"/work/<modules>");

Do you really have a directory named /work/<modules>
on your machine? If so, rename that to /work/modules
first, then consider:

use lib '/work/modules';
use mymodule::anothermodule;

the latter 'anothermodule.pm' should
then reside in /work/modules/mymodule/
Directory.

Regards

Mirco

Mintcake

I'm doing my development on my windows machine.
E.g.
my perl scripts are in c:\work

The modules i've downloaded i put into c:\work\<modules>

It works fine.

Now i need to use it on the unix machine and it doesnt seems to work by
putting the modules into /work/<modules>

How can i achieve the same without "installing" on the machine.

i've tried
BEGIN {
unshift(@INC,"/work/<modules>");
}

Its not picking up the modules from the directory
Are you sure you have permission to access /work - this is in the root
directory

ahjiang

/work is just an e.g.

it should actually be my user path..

/work/<modules>
i just used <modules> to help in my explanation..

i try that suggestion and see how it goes..

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed):
I'm doing my development on my windows machine.
E.g.
my perl scripts are in c:\work

The modules i've downloaded i put into c:\work\<modules>

It works fine.

Now i need to use it on the unix machine and it doesnt seems to work by
putting the modules into /work/<modules>

It's generally better to install Perl modules properly than just sopy
them from another machine. It can work, but not always; most obviously
with XS modules.

Ben