Installing Python 2.5.4 from Source under Windows

Paul Franz

I have looked and looked and looked. But I can not find any directions

on how to install the version of Python build using Microsoft's
compiler. It builds. I get the dlls and the exe's. But there is no
documentation that says how to install what has been built. I have read
every readme and stop by the IRC channel and there seems to be nothing.

Any ideas where I can look?

Paul Franz

Martin v. Löwis

I have looked and looked and looked. But I can not find any directions
on how to install the version of Python build using Microsoft's
compiler. It builds. I get the dlls and the exe's. But there is no
documentation that says how to install what has been built. I have read
every readme and stop by the IRC channel and there seems to be nothing.

Any ideas where I can look?

You would need to take many manual steps: copy files around, add
registry keys, and so on. There is no real automatic procedure.
In essence, just match what the python.org installer does, by hand.

What *is* supported is creating an MSI installer out of your build
tree. See Tools/msi for details.

Regards,
Martin

Paul Franz