Installing Python and Tkinter on OSX

Dean N. Williams

Dear Python Help,

I am trying to install Python with Tkinter on my Mac OS X PowerBook G4
platform, but having some difficulties apparently with missing
directories and files. I can build Python without Tkinter okay, but
when I try to build with Tkinter it doesn't seem to build the
appropriate directories or files. For example, in version Python 2.3b1,
I have the directory build/lib.darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh-2.3, which
contains _tkinter.so. In the released version of Python 2.3, I no
longer have the build/lib.darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh-2.3 directory,
which contains among other things the _tkinter.so file which I need for
Tkinter to build.

How can I get Python 2.3 to build with Tkinter? How can I get it to
build the directory build/lib.darwin-6.6-Power_Macintosh-2.3? Is there
something that I'm missing in the "configure"?

Any help is most appreciated.....

Best regards,
Dean