Installing Python in an separat area

Discussion in 'Python' started by etjo, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. etjo

    etjo Guest

    Dear All,

    I'd like to install python1.5.2 (version that is used for production
    here) and python2.3.2 together with tcl/tk8.3 and tcl/tk8.4 and the
    related tix packages in an separat area, i.e. somewhere on a NFS
    partition in order to allow everyone in the department to mount it and
    have it available. For instance...

    I have a disk named /raid02 with a directory /raid02/opt where I would
    like to keep everything...

    /raid02/opt/bin
    /raid02/opt/lib
    /raid02/opt/include
    /raid02/opt/...

    so everyone can add /raid02/opt/bin to his PATH entry and has the
    dedicated python versions available. Unfortunately I have problems in
    setting up Tkinter installation, i.e. tcl/tk properly, since I always
    receive an error that make can't find teh propper tcl, tk and tix libraries.

    Please, could someone tell me what ar the right options to use with/in
    ../configure, make, Makefile Module/Setup?

    Thanks in advance, joe

    etjo, Oct 28, 2003