Installing Python in an separat area

etjo

Dear All,

I'd like to install python1.5.2 (version that is used for production
here) and python2.3.2 together with tcl/tk8.3 and tcl/tk8.4 and the
related tix packages in an separat area, i.e. somewhere on a NFS
partition in order to allow everyone in the department to mount it and
have it available. For instance...

I have a disk named /raid02 with a directory /raid02/opt where I would
like to keep everything...

/raid02/opt/bin
/raid02/opt/lib
/raid02/opt/include
/raid02/opt/...

so everyone can add /raid02/opt/bin to his PATH entry and has the
dedicated python versions available. Unfortunately I have problems in
setting up Tkinter installation, i.e. tcl/tk properly, since I always
receive an error that make can't find teh propper tcl, tk and tix libraries.

Please, could someone tell me what ar the right options to use with/in
../configure, make, Makefile Module/Setup?

Thanks in advance, joe