Installing python on lynxOS

Bryce

I'm trying to install python2.4.2 onto lynxOS 4.0.0. with gcc 2.95.3.
I was wondering if anyone who has done this before could give me some
pointers.

I'm currently getting the following error when running make:

gcc -o python Module/python.o libpython2.4.a -lsocket -lm
called2:ld returned 1 exit status
libpython2.4.a(pystate.o):In function 'PyThreadState_New':
Python2.4.2/pystate.c:191: undefined reference to
'_PyGILState_NoteThreadState'
called2:ld returned 1 exit status

I checked pystate.c and the function _PyGILState_NoteThreadState is
defined in the file, so I'm a bit lost here.

Donn Cave

Quoth "Bryce" <[email protected]>:
| I'm trying to install python2.4.2 onto lynxOS 4.0.0. with gcc 2.95.3.
| I was wondering if anyone who has done this before could give me some
| pointers.
|
| I'm currently getting the following error when running make:
|
| gcc -o python Module/python.o libpython2.4.a -lsocket -lm
| called2:ld returned 1 exit status
| libpython2.4.a(pystate.o):In function 'PyThreadState_New':
| Python2.4.2/pystate.c:191: undefined reference to
| '_PyGILState_NoteThreadState'
| called2:ld returned 1 exit status
|
| I checked pystate.c and the function _PyGILState_NoteThreadState is
| defined in the file, so I'm a bit lost here.

If you look about 50 lines up from there, you'll see that it's
conditional on the WITH_THREAD preprocessor macro.

If it's not defined because LynxOS doesn't have threads or at any
rate there isn't a usable thread implementation among the existing
thread_xyz.c options, you might be able to get past this problem by
writing a trivial version of the function for the case where WITH_THREAD
is not defined. I haven't looked at it, to know for sure what would
be appropriate - maybe it was put inside WITH_THREAD in error, in the
first place, for all I know.

If you think you probably should be getting threads, then look at
pyconfig.h to verify this.

Donn Cave, (e-mail address removed)