Installing Rails via Gem - CRC Error

Chris Long

I'm installing the beta version of Rails, but I'm running into a CRC
error:

gem install rails --source http://gems.rubyonrails.com

Install required dependency actionwebservice? [Yn]
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Zlib::GzipFile::CRCError)
invalid compressed data -- crc error

The release version of Rails runs into the same problem, but with a
different file.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the issue? I've come
across references to this issue on the web, but no solutions.

I'm running Ruby 1.8.1 on SLES 9.