Installing ruby-libs-1.8.4-0.4.preview2.i386.rpm on FC4?

Philip Rhoades

People,

Has anyone been able to install these preview RPMs?

I get:

rpm -ivh ruby-libs-1.8.4-0.4.preview2.i386.rpm

error: Failed dependencies:
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by
ruby-libs-1.8.4-0.4.preview2.i386
libcrypto.so.6 is needed by ruby-libs-1.8.4-0.4.preview2.i386
libssl.so.6 is needed by ruby-libs-1.8.4-0.4.preview2.i386

I don't know if upgrading glibc-2.3.5 to glibc-2.3.90 would help but I
am worried that it would break lots of things . .

I have been able to build 1.8.4 from source but I need to install:

ruby-devel-1.8.4-0.4.preview2.i386.rpm

to get Rails working with PostgreSQL?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited (ACN 003 252 275 ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
Mobile: +61:(0)411-185-652
Fax: +61:(0)2-8221-9599
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Oliver Andrich

Hi,

if you actually want to use these RPMs, I would fetch the SRPM
(source RPM) and compile it on my own. The path you want to stride, is
the path to FC5 test 1 (or whatever is current). ANd this path you don't
want to walk at the moment.

I am not sure, why you need 1.8.4 for a Rails with PostgreSQL, cause I
don't use PostgreSQL. But my Rails setup works fine so far with the
1.8.3 RPM from FC4.

But let me repeat it. If you want to use the preview RPM, then go and
fetch the SRPM. Compile it on your system and use the result.

Best regards,
Oliver

Oliver Andrich

Just for the record, today 1.8.4 has been pushed back from FC5 to FC4. I
got this information as an answer to a Bugreport I opened. It is also
already available as an update.

Best regards,
Oliver