    /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/
    folder. I suspect there is a path that's not being set correctly, but
    am unable to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

    Bill, May 14, 2007

  2. Bill

    Gunnar Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to install ruby 1.8.6 on OS X.5. make is failing while
    > running miniruby mkconfig.rb while trying to require "fileutils". The
    > oh-so-helpful error is simply "Abort trap". This file exists in the
    > /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/
    > folder. I suspect there is a path that's not being set correctly, but
    > am unable to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

    Hi
    Can only offer this link, worked for me
    http://hivelogic.com/narrative/articles/ruby-rails-mongrel-mysql-osx

    Gunnar, May 15, 2007

  3. On 15/05/07, Gunnar <> wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to install ruby 1.8.6 on OS X.5. make is failing while
    > > running miniruby mkconfig.rb while trying to require "fileutils". The
    > > oh-so-helpful error is simply "Abort trap". This file exists in the
    > > /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/
    > > folder. I suspect there is a path that's not being set correctly, but
    > > am unable to figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.
    > >

    > Hi
    > Can only offer this link, worked for me
    > http://hivelogic.com/narrative/articles/ruby-rails-mongrel-mysql-osx

    For me it does that because it loads the extensions form the
    previously installed ruby.
    I reported the problem but no sufficiently non-invasive solution was
    found. Since miniruby tries to load even extensions that are not built
    yet one would have to patch ruby to provide an option not to load the
    standard extensions (not including the standard lookup path).

    However, for you it should be solved by configuring ruby with a prefix
    such as /opt/ruby.

    That way you would not overwrite the system installation and would not
    get problems with previously installed extensions.

    If you do not care about the system installation just move it away,
    including any /usr/lib/libruby*, otherwise building the ruby
    interpreter fails (the linking issue will be hopefully fixed in next
    version).

    Thanks

    Michal

    Michal Suchanek, May 15, 2007