    in a winxp machine that haven't any connection to the internet, but
    with the last version of rubygem installed.
    Thanks all

    g_u_s, Jun 1, 2005

  2. g_u_s

    g_u_s Guest

    g_u_s, Jun 1, 2005

  3. g_u_s

    g_u_s Guest

    g_u_s, Jun 1, 2005
  4. g_u_s

    g_u_s Guest

    actually, the answer was for people who cant install in remote mode in
    windows, because they are connected trough a proxy, so the question
    about installing locally is still active. sorry :(

    g_u_s, Jun 1, 2005
  5. g_u_s

    ES Guest

    Le 1/6/2005, "g_u_s" <> a =E9crit:
    >actually, the answer was for people who cant install in remote mode in
    >windows, because they are connected trough a proxy, so the question
    >about installing locally is still active. sorry :(

    If there is no connection, proxied or otherwise, you will probably
    have to download the gem elsewhere and transfer it over on a floppy
    disk (or whatever the hip kids use nowadays). RubyGems itself contains
    no programs, it just fetches them from a local or remote repository.

    template<typename duck>
    void quack(duck& d) { d.quack(); }

    ES, Jun 1, 2005
  6. g_u_s

    g_u_s Guest

    When I have the rail package on that pc with no connection to internet,
    it must be in some directory so rubygem can detect it and install it
    locally?

    Thanks for orientation

    g_u_s, Jun 2, 2005