Installing ruby on rails

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by chrisdude911, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. chrisdude911

    chrisdude911 Guest

    Hey,
    I need to install ruby on rails. I have installed ruby and it says to
    type in gem install rails --remote. When i try this is what happens:
    I get the message:

    C:\>gem install rails --remote

    C:\>"c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" "c:\ruby\bin\gem" install rails
    Attempting local installation of 'rails'
    Local gem file not found: rails*.gem
    Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
    ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::EHOSTUNREACH)
    A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. -
    connect(2)

    Could anyboy help??
    Thanks
    Chris