Installing rubygame and freinds...

John Joyce

I'm attempting an install of Rubygame on OS X, but it seems to be a
bit less than simple.
I've downloaded SDL for OS X, droped the framework into the directory
instructed by SDL's readme.
Does anybody know if that includes the various sdl libs needed?

Is there an all-in-one installer I could save myself some pain with?

There is a rubygame gem, but it doesn't appear in gem list --remote
Seems odd that a gem isn't in the repository...

I have to say, this is one point that makes Gosu more appealing, it's
a lot more straight forward to install.

cheers,
John Joyce

Tim Mcd

John said:
I'm attempting an install of Rubygame on OS X, but it seems to be a
bit less than simple.
I've downloaded SDL for OS X, droped the framework into the directory
instructed by SDL's readme.
Does anybody know if that includes the various sdl libs needed?

Is there an all-in-one installer I could save myself some pain with?

There is a rubygame gem, but it doesn't appear in gem list --remote
Seems odd that a gem isn't in the repository...

I have to say, this is one point that makes Gosu more appealing, it's
a lot more straight forward to install.

cheers,
John Joyce

Same problem here, not too keen on using macports/fink/darwinports...
any help?

Shawn Anderson

I have installed Rubygame successfully on OS X on a couple of macs. I too
share the dream of an easy installer for rubygame, but as it is, I've
installed it via hand compliling SDL (-gfx,-net,-image,-ttf,-mixer). This
was all done w/o any of the darwin ports interference. If you have any
specific questions hope on freenode #rubygame.

/Shawn