    Modules/Setup.

    How can I verify that I have tcl/tk installed correctly and it is the
    correct version (8+)?

    Paul Watson, Nov 13, 2005

  2. Paul Watson

    Paul Watson Guest

    Paul Watson wrote:
    > I cannot yet get tkinter working on 2.4.2. I have installed the tk rpms
    > from FC4. I have checked to see that TKPATH is available in
    > Modules/Setup.
    >
    > How can I verify that I have tcl/tk installed correctly and it is the
    > correct version (8+)?

    Surely, there must be a better way to do this than what I ended up
    doing. Please respond so that someone will do better than I did.

    To get this to work, I whacked the ./Modules/Setup file references to tk
    things. Two lines were changed from /usr/local/* to /usr/*. The X11
    lines were simply uncommented.

    I had to install a few more RPMs from the FC4 CDs for tk and tcl. That
    led to installing some more xorg-x11 RPMs.

    After that, ./configure; make clean; make; make test;

    # *** Always uncomment this (leave the leading underscore in!):
    _tkinter _tkinter.c tkappinit.c -DWITH_APPINIT \
    # *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your Tcl/Tk libraries are:
    # -L/usr/local/lib \
    -L/usr/lib \
    # *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your Tcl/Tk headers are:
    # -I/usr/local/include \
    -I/usr/include \
    # *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your X11 header files are:
    -I/usr/X11R6/include \
    # *** Or uncomment this for Solaris:
    # -I/usr/openwin/include \
    # *** Uncomment and edit for Tix extension only:
    # -DWITH_TIX -ltix8.1.8.2 \
    # *** Uncomment and edit for BLT extension only:
    # -DWITH_BLT -I/usr/local/blt/blt8.0-unoff/include -lBLT8.0 \
    # *** Uncomment and edit for PIL (TkImaging) extension only:
    # (See http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/ for more info)
    # -DWITH_PIL -I../Extensions/Imaging/libImaging tkImaging.c \
    # *** Uncomment and edit for TOGL extension only:
    # -DWITH_TOGL togl.c \
    # *** Uncomment and edit to reflect your Tcl/Tk versions:
    # -ltk8.2 -ltcl8.2 \
    -ltk8.4 -ltcl8.4 \
    # *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your X11 libraries are:
    -L/usr/X11R6/lib \
    # *** Or uncomment this for Solaris:
    # -L/usr/openwin/lib \
    # *** Uncomment these for TOGL extension only:
    # -lGL -lGLU -lXext -lXmu \
    # *** Uncomment for AIX:
    # -lld \
    # *** Always uncomment this; X11 libraries to link with:
    -lX11

    Paul Watson, Nov 15, 2005