Installing Web Controls on the toolbar

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Aidan Gill, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Aidan Gill

    Aidan Gill Guest

    MS Visual Studio.NET
    Framework 1.1

    Hello,

    I am trying to install the webcontrols. Have installed
    into the correct directories and can run the example
    pages under IIS.
    I am trying to install this on the toolbar so that I can
    drop it onto my pages.
    I have gone through the steps using "customise toolbar"
    and found the webcontrols dll. Have clicked on this to
    add it but am getting the error "there are no components
    in 'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\1.1.4322\IE Web
    Controls\build\microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll' that can
    be added to the toolbox

    Any suggestions.

    Thanks
    Aidan Gill, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Aidan Gill

    J P Deka Guest

    Are you using the ASP.NET if yes follow the following procedure.

    When you install the web controls , it is installed in the

    <%LocalDrive%>/Program Files/ IE Web Controls
    Then Build it for that read the Readme doc.
    once you have build it under the Directory "BUILD" there will be the Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll

    Then open the Visual studio .NEt and add the .NET Component Right Click Toolbox>>Customize Toolbox >> .NET Framework Components
    THen just drag and drop the component Rest everytign will be taken care by the VS studio .NET

    ----
    Jyoti Prakash Deka
    India

    J P Deka, Jul 9, 2003