    - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or
    - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.

    Kind regards, Paka Small

    Paka Small, Jan 25, 2012

  2. Paka Small

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    Re: Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method onOO Tumia

    On 1/25/12 6:58 AM, Paka Small wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > You are kindly invited to check out the Instance
    > java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object
    > oriented directory Tumia:

    [redacted]
    > - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper
    > toolbar:
    > - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass()
    > links or
    > - use the Tumia Instance combobox to select another Instance or
    > - use the Tumia Class combobox to select another Class or
    > - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.
    >
    > Kind regards, Paka Small

    What kind of spamming is this? Those aren't instances, they are called
    methods. This website seems to be fairly useless and somewhat dangerous.

    Daniel Pitts, Jan 25, 2012

  3. Paka Small

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Re: Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method onOO Tumia

    > What kind of spamming is this?
    The kind sifted by my news server's filters.
    I wonder why they missed HOT ACTRESS...

    Jeff Higgins, Jan 25, 2012
  4. Paka Small

    Paka Small Guest

    Hi Daniel,

    Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html
    .. I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its called
    Java reflection. I find it strange that in a programming group you put
    out with such vigour your statement that is totally incorrect. My
    statement (a method is also a class which has method instances) is
    proven by the Oracle Java link above and backed up with 20 years of
    professional software development experience. What are the references
    for your statement?

    The above being said it is totally a good idea and in line with Java
    itself (or any other OO programming language) to classify in the OO
    Tumia framework a particular Java method like
    java.lang.Object.getClass() as an instance of the Tumia class "Java
    Method". Another Tumia Class could be for example "Dotnet Method". Do
    you GRASP it?

    Kind regards,

    Paka

    Paka Small, Feb 4, 2012
  5. Paka Small

    Paka Small Guest

    Hi Daniel,

    Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html
    .. I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its called
    Java reflection. I find it strange that in a JAVA programming group
    you put out with such vigour your statement ("Those aren't instances,
    they are called methods.") that is totally incorrect. My statement (a

    Paka Small, Feb 4, 2012
  6. Paka Small

    Lew Guest

    Paka Small wrote:
    > Hi Daniel,

    Please do not top-post. Post inline.

    > Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
    > http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html

    That is not correct. A method is not a class. The class 'Method' is a class,
    but it is not a method.

    > . I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its [sic] called

    I suggest you be less snarky, especially when you are wrong.

    > Java reflection. I find it strange that in a JAVA [sic] programming group

    I find it strange that you cop such a strong attitude when you're wrong, and
    cannot even spell "Java" correctly.

    > you put out with such vigour your statement ("Those aren't instances,
    > they are called methods.") that is totally incorrect. My statement (a

    No, he was totally correct.

    > method is also a class which has method instances) is proven by the
    > Oracle Java link above and backed up with 20 years of professional

    No, it is not. A method is not a class. The 'Method' class is a class, but it
    is not a method.

    > software development experience. What are the references for your
    > statement?

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/j3TOC.html

    Your "20 years of professional software development experience" has, sadly,
    left you with much arrogance and zero knowledge.

    In Java, as you will see from reading the Java Language Specification linked
    above, which is the normative reference for the language definition, methods
    and classes are not the same.

    > The above being said it is totally a good idea and in line with Java
    > itself (or any other OO programming language) to classify in the OO
    > Tumia framework a particular Java method like
    > java.lang.Object.getClass() as an instance of the Tumia class "Java
    > Method". Another Tumia Class could be for example "Dotnet Method". Do
    > you GRASP it?

    What is a "Tumia Class [sic]"? I don't see anything good about the idea you
    propose.

    > On 25 jan, 20:23, Daniel Pitts <>
    > wrote:
    > > On 1/25/12 6:58 AM, Paka Small wrote:
    > > > You are kindly invited to check out the Instance
    > > > java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method on the object
    > > > oriented directoryTumia:

    > > [redacted]
    > > > - Click some java.lang.Object.getClass() links or in the upper
    > > > toolbar:
    > > > - click the "-->"-button for the following java.lang.Object.getClass()
    > > > links or
    > > > - use theTumiaInstance combobox to select another Instance or
    > > > - use theTumiaClass combobox to select another Class or
    > > > - use the Relat. Instan. combobox to select a Related Instance.

    > > What kind of spamming is this?  Those aren't instances, they are called
    > > methods. This website seems to be fairly useless and somewhat dangerous..

    +1, Daniel

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Feb 5, 2012
  7. Paka Small

    Paka Small Guest

    On 5 feb, 08:08, Lew <> wrote:
    > Paka Small wrote:
    > > Hi Daniel,

    > Please do not top-post. Post inline.
    >
    > > Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
    > >http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html

    > That is not correct.  A method is not a class.  The class 'Method' isa class,
    > but it is not a method.

    Please lets retake Daniels statement "Those aren't instances, they are
    called methods." (lets call this statement A). From
    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html
    one gets that a method (for example getClass()) in Java is an instance
    of the class Method. Lets call the latter B. A and B clearly are
    contradictions. Therefore since Java is true about itself (and I can
    testify Java reflection exists since I wrote code using method
    instances) the statement of Daniel is false.

    Kind regards, Paka

    > > . I suggest you get updated with OO programming and Java. Its [sic] called

    > I suggest you be less snarky, especially when you are wrong.
    >
    > > Java reflection. I find it strange that in a JAVA [sic] programming group

    > I find it strange that you cop such a strong attitude when you're wrong, and
    > cannot even spell "Java" correctly.
    >
    > > you put out with such vigour your statement ("Those aren't instances,
    > > they are called methods.") that is totally incorrect. My statement (a

    > No, he was totally correct.
    >
    > > method is also a class which has method instances) is proven by the
    > > Oracle Java link above and backed up with 20 years of professional

    > No, it is not.  A method is not a class.  The 'Method' class is a class, but it
    > is not a method.
    >
    > > software development experience. What are the references for your
    > > statement?

    > http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/j3TOC.html

    Please can you pinpoint where in this document is written that a Java
    method is not an instance of the class Method. If you believe I will
    try find to find a statement in a large document while as far as I
    know that statement is simply not there you must be kidding. Please
    prove your point and pinpoint the statement.

    Paka Small, Feb 5, 2012
  8. Paka Small

    Lew Guest

    Would you please stop top-posting? Please? This is a second request.

    Respond in line.

    Paka Small wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    > > Paka Small wrote:
    > > > Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
    > > >http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html

    > > That is not correct.  A method is not a class.  The class 'Method' is a class,
    > > but it is not a method.

    > Please lets retake Daniels statement "Those aren't instances, they are
    > called methods." (lets call this statement A). From

    Statement A, as you call it, was an objection to your blatant misrepresentation
    that methods are classes, and a fair one.

    > http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html
    > one gets that a method (for example getClass()) in Java is an instance
    > of the class Method. Lets call the latter B. A and B clearly are

    No, one does not. Nowhere does it state that. 'Method' is a class used to _describe_ methods; it is not itself a method. A method is _described_ by the type 'Method'; it is not itself a type.

    > contradictions. Therefore since Java is true about itself (and I can

    There's nothing contradictory because your statement B is flat-out wrong.

    "Java is true about itself" is a meaningless phrase - Java is defined by the
    Java Language Specification, which apparently you do not choose to read.

    > testify Java reflection exists since I wrote code using method
    > instances) the statement of Daniel is false.

    Wrong. You used 'Method' instances, not "method instances", which _described_
    but were not themselves methods. Daniel's statement was correct; yours are not.

    I refer you again to the language specification, which you have apparently
    disregarded.

    Lew, Feb 5, 2012
  9. Paka Small

    Lew Guest

    Paka Small wrote:
    > Please can you pinpoint where in this document is written that a Java
    > method is not an instance of the class Method. If you believe I will
    > try find to find a statement in a large document while as far as I
    > know that statement is simply not there you must be kidding. Please
    > prove your point and pinpoint the statement.

    You must be kidding if you cannot follow a table of contents in a document with
    which, as a self-professed Java "expert" you had better darned well already be
    familiar, to the definitions of classes and methods, whose locations are
    clearly indicated and linked from that table of contents.

    The burden of proof is on you not us to show where it states anywhere that a
    method is an instance of the class 'Method' (good luck - it doesn't). I've
    shown you where the answer lies, in a document that you'd better use if you
    want to make any point about the nature of Java.

    Ignorance is excusable. Willful ignorance such as yours is not. Read the
    material. If you think your statements can hold any merit without reference to
    the reference, you're the one who's delusional.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Feb 5, 2012
  10. Paka Small

    Paka Small Guest

    On 5 feb, 20:45, Lew <> wrote:
    > Would you please stop top-posting? Please? This is a second request.
    >
    > Respond in line.
    >
    > Paka Small wrote:

    > > > That is not correct.  A method is not a class.  The class 'Method' is a class,
    > > > but it is not a method.

    > > Please lets retake Daniels statement "Those aren't instances, they are
    > > called methods." (lets call this statement A). From

    > Statement A, as you call it, was an objection to your blatant misrepresentation
    > that methods are classes, and a fair one.
    >
    > >http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html
    > > one gets that a method (for example getClass()) in Java is an instance
    > > of the class Method. Lets call the latter B. A and B clearly are

    > No, one does not. Nowhere does it state that. 'Method' is a class used to_describe_ methods; it is not itself a method. A method is _described_ by the type 'Method'; it is not itself a type.
    >
    > > contradictions. Therefore since Java is true about itself (and I can

    > There's nothing contradictory because your statement B is flat-out wrong.
    >
    > "Java is true about itself" is a meaningless phrase - Java is defined by the
    > Java Language Specification, which apparently you do not choose to read.
    >
    > > testify Java reflection exists since I wrote code using method
    > > instances) the statement of Daniel is false.

    > Wrong. You used 'Method' instances, not "method instances", which _described_
    > but were not themselves methods. Daniel's statement was correct; yours are not.
    >
    > I refer you again to the language specification, which you have apparently
    > disregarded.http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/j3TOC.html

    > > > I suggest you be less snarky, especially when you are wrong.

    > > > I find it strange that you cop such a strong attitude when you're wrong, and
    > > > cannot even spell "Java" correctly.

    > > > No, he was totally correct.

    > > > No, it is not.  A method is not a class.  The 'Method' class is aclass, but it
    > > > is not a method.

    > > >http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/j3TOC.html

    > > Please can you pinpoint where in this document is written that a Java
    > > method is not an instance of the class Method. If you believe I will
    > > try find to find a statement in a large document while as far as I
    > > know that statement is simply not there you must be kidding. Please
    > > prove your point and pinpoint the statement.

    > > > Your "20 years of professional software development experience" has, sadly,
    > > > left you with much arrogance and zero knowledge.

    > > > In Java, as you will see from reading the Java Language Specificationlinked
    > > > above, which is the normative reference for the language definition, methods
    > > > and classes are not the same.

    > > > What is a "Tumia Class [sic]"?  I don't see anything good about theidea you
    > > > propose.

    > > > +1, Daniel

    Dear Lew,

    You write "> Statement A, as you call it, was an objection to your
    blatant misrepresentation
    > that methods are classes, and a fair one.". Nowhere and never I have stated that methods are classes. Please have the decency not to put words in mymouth!

    Kind regards, Paka

    Paka Small, Feb 5, 2012
  11. Paka Small

    Lew Guest

    Paka Small wrote:
    > You write "> Statement A, as you call it, was an objection to your
    > blatant misrepresentation
    >> that methods are classes, and a fair one.". Nowhere and never I have stated
    >> that methods are classes. Please have the decency not to put words in my mouth!

    You put these words in your own mouth: "My statement (a method is also a class
    which has method instances) is proven by the Oracle Java link above and backed
    up with 20 years of professional software development experience."

    I did not lack decency. I was merely stating a fact. That was your statement,
    and it is not true.

    You also said: "Please can you pinpoint where in this document is written that
    a Java method is not an instance of the class Method." Not true.

    You also excoriated Daniel's post, saying, "you put out with such vigour your
    statement ('Those aren't instances, they are called methods.') that is totally
    incorrect." Not true.

    You put these statements forward. I copied and pasted them into this post. I
    did not make them up. You said them.

    How strange that you now deny saying them. Still, they're a matter of public
    record so there's no denying responsibility.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Feb 6, 2012
  12. Paka Small

    Paka Small Guest

    On 6 feb, 10:50, Lew <> wrote:
    > Paka Small wrote:
    > > You write "> Statement A, as you call it, was an objection to your
    > > blatant misrepresentation
    > >> that methods are classes, and a fair one.". Nowhere and never I have stated
    > >> that methods are classes. Please have the decency not to put words in my mouth!

    > You put these words in your own mouth: "My statement (a method is also a class
    > which has method instances) is proven by the Oracle Java link above and backed
    > up with 20 years of professional software development experience."
    >
    > I did not lack decency. I was merely stating a fact. That was your statement,
    > and it is not true.
    >
    > You also said: "Please can you pinpoint where in this document is writtenthat
    > a Java method is not an instance of the class Method." Not true.
    >
    > You also excoriated Daniel's post, saying, "you put out with such vigour your
    > statement ('Those aren't instances, they are called methods.') that is totally
    > incorrect."  Not true.
    >
    > You put these statements forward. I copied and pasted them into this post.. I
    > did not make them up. You said them.
    >
    > How strange that you now deny saying them. Still, they're a matter of public
    > record so there's no denying responsibility.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Hi,

    Example code proving beyond any doubt that a method is an instance of
    the class java.lang.reflect.Method in Java:

    public final void setValue(BaseObject baseObject, Object value) {
    java.lang.reflect.Method setMethod = null;
    try {
    setMethod =
    baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    Class[]{this.type});
    } catch (NoSuchMethodException ex) {

    Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    null, ex);
    } catch (SecurityException ex) {

    Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    null, ex);
    }
    try {
    setMethod.invoke(baseObject, new Object[]{value});
    } catch (IllegalAccessException ex) {

    Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    null, ex);
    } catch (IllegalArgumentException ex) {

    Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    null, ex);
    } catch (InvocationTargetException ex) {

    Paka Small, Feb 6, 2012
  13. Paka Small

    Lew Guest

    Paka Small wrote:
    > Example code proving beyond any doubt that a method is an instance of
    > the class java.lang.reflect.Method in Java:

    No, it doesn't. Again, the Java Language Specification defines methods and
    objects, and they are not the same thing. I have pointed you to it.

    > public final void setValue(BaseObject baseObject, Object value) {
    > java.lang.reflect.Method setMethod = null;

    'setMethod' is a variable, not a method.

    > try {
    > setMethod =
    > baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    > Class[]{this.type});
    > } catch (NoSuchMethodException ex) {
    >
    > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > null, ex);
    > } catch (SecurityException ex) {
    >
    > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > null, ex);
    > }
    > try {
    > setMethod.invoke(baseObject, new Object[]{value});

    'invoke()' is a method.

    > } catch (IllegalAccessException ex) {
    >
    > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > null, ex);
    > } catch (IllegalArgumentException ex) {
    >
    > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > null, ex);
    > } catch (InvocationTargetException ex) {
    >
    > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > null, ex);

    How exactly do you imagine that this proves a method is a class instance?

    All your code proves is that there exists a class instance that can describe
    and invoke a particular method. There is nothing in your code that shows, let
    alone proves "beyond any doubt", that a method is an instance of a class. It
    couldn't, because a Java method is not an instance of a class.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Feb 7, 2012
  14. Paka Small

    Paka Small Guest

    On 7 feb, 02:13, Lew <> wrote:
    > Paka Small wrote:
    > > Example code proving beyond any doubt that a method is an instance of
    > > the class java.lang.reflect.Method in Java:

    > No, it doesn't. Again, the Java Language Specification defines methods and
    > objects, and they are not the same thing. I have pointed you to it.
    >
    > >   public final void setValue(BaseObject baseObject, Object value) {
    > >     java.lang.reflect.Method setMethod = null;

    > 'setMethod' is a variable, not a method.
    >
    > >     try {
    > >       setMethod =
    > > baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    > > Class[]{this.type});
    > >       } catch (NoSuchMethodException ex) {

    > > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > > null, ex);
    > >       } catch (SecurityException ex) {

    > > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > > null, ex);
    > >       }
    > >     try {
    > >       setMethod.invoke(baseObject, new Object[]{value});

    > 'invoke()' is a method.
    >
    > >     } catch (IllegalAccessException ex) {

    > > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > > null, ex);
    > >     } catch (IllegalArgumentException ex) {

    > > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > > null, ex);
    > >     } catch (InvocationTargetException ex) {

    > > Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    > > null, ex);
    > >     }
    > >   }

    > How exactly do you imagine that this proves a method is a class instance?
    >
    > All your code proves is that there exists a class instance that can describe
    > and invoke a particular method. There is nothing in your code that shows,let
    > alone proves "beyond any doubt", that a method is an instance of a class.It
    > couldn't, because a Java method is not an instance of a class.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Hi,

    Clearly the code shows that setMethod is an instance of the class
    java.lang.reflect.Method and that a method of a class is actually
    assigned to setMethod in this statement:

    Paka Small, Feb 7, 2012
  15. Paka Small

    Mayeul Guest

    On 07/02/2012 07:20, Paka Small wrote:
    > On 7 feb, 02:13, Lew<> wrote:
    >> Paka Small wrote:
    >>> Example code proving beyond any doubt that a method is an instance of
    >>> the class java.lang.reflect.Method in Java:

    >> No, it doesn't. Again, the Java Language Specification defines methods and
    >> objects, and they are not the same thing. I have pointed you to it.
    >>
    >>> public final void setValue(BaseObject baseObject, Object value) {
    >>> java.lang.reflect.Method setMethod = null;

    >> 'setMethod' is a variable, not a method.
    >>
    >>> try {
    >>> setMethod =
    >>> baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    >>> Class[]{this.type});
    >>> } catch (NoSuchMethodException ex) {

    >>> Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    >>> null, ex);
    >>> } catch (SecurityException ex) {

    >>> Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    >>> null, ex);
    >>> }
    >>> try {
    >>> setMethod.invoke(baseObject, new Object[]{value});

    >> 'invoke()' is a method.
    >>
    >>> } catch (IllegalAccessException ex) {

    >>> Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    >>> null, ex);
    >>> } catch (IllegalArgumentException ex) {

    >>> Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    >>> null, ex);
    >>> } catch (InvocationTargetException ex) {

    >>> Logger.getLogger(BaseObjectAttribute.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,
    >>> null, ex);
    >>> }
    >>> }

    >> How exactly do you imagine that this proves a method is a class instance?
    >>
    >> All your code proves is that there exists a class instance that can describe
    >> and invoke a particular method. There is nothing in your code that shows, let
    >> alone proves "beyond any doubt", that a method is an instance of a class. It
    >> couldn't, because a Java method is not an instance of a class.

    > Clearly the code shows that setMethod is an instance of the class
    > java.lang.reflect.Method

    Indeed, it certainly does.

    > and that a method of a class is actually
    > assigned to setMethod in this statement:
    > setMethod =
    > baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    > Class[]{this.type});

    No, it does not show anything of the sort.

    setMethod is never assigned a method (and a method can never be assigned
    to anything anyway.)

    Here you show setMethod is assigned an instance of the class
    java.lang.reflect.Method. Instances of a class, whatever the class, are
    never methods. And methods are never instances of any class, whatever
    the class.

    --
    Mayeul

    Mayeul, Feb 7, 2012
  16. Paka Small

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 2/4/2012 11:43 AM, Paka Small wrote:
    > Hi Daniel,
    >
    > Clearly a method is also a class which has method instances:
    > http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/reflect/Method.html
    > [...]

    You have confused "method" and "java.lang.reflect.Method". (In
    a similar vein, you have confused "class" and "java.lang.Class".)
    A method is not a class, nor a Method, nor a Class.

    --
    Eric Sosman

    Eric Sosman, Feb 7, 2012
  17. Paka Small

    Lew Guest

    Mayeul wrote:
    > Paka Small wrote:
    > > Lew wrote:
    >>> How exactly do you imagine that this proves a method is a class instance?
    >>>
    >>> All your code proves is that there exists a class instance that can describe
    >>> and invoke a particular method. There is nothing in your code that shows, let
    >>> alone proves "beyond any doubt", that a method is an instance of a class. It
    >>> couldn't, because a Java method is not an instance of a class.

    >> Clearly the code shows that setMethod is an instance of the class
    >> java.lang.reflect.Method

    > Indeed, it certainly does.
    >
    > > and that a method of a class is actually
    > > assigned to setMethod in this statement:

    Not even close, Paka. How do you continue to get this wrong?

    You have been shown the truth. You've been shown the documentation for the
    truth, about which you got very snarky indeed: "I'm too lazy to read the
    documentation but I'm going to argue for the wrong answer anyway."

    >> setMethod =
    >> baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    >> Class[]{this.type});

    > No, it does not show anything of the sort.
    >
    > setMethod is never assigned a method (and a method can never be assigned
    > to anything anyway.)

    As you have been told before, Paka. Repeatedly. Repeatedly.

    > Here you show setMethod is assigned an instance of the class
    > java.lang.reflect.Method. Instances of a class, whatever the class, are
    > never methods. And methods are never instances of any class, whatever
    > the class.

    As you have been told before, Paka. Repeatedly. Why don't you just break down
    and read the documentation?

    class. It does not show that a method is an instance of a class. At no point
    does your code show any treatment of any method as a class instance.

    Get this right or get out of programming, Paka. "20 years of professional
    software development experience" is only worth something if you let your
    experience teach you something. Time to start learning, Paka.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Feb 7, 2012
  18. Paka Small

    Paka Small Guest

    On 7 feb, 19:54, Lew <> wrote:
    > Mayeul wrote:
    > > Paka Small wrote:

    > >> Clearly the code shows that setMethod is an instance of the class
    > >> java.lang.reflect.Method

    > > Indeed, it certainly does.

    > > > and that a method of a class is actually
    > > > assigned to setMethod in this statement:

    > Not even close, Paka. How do you continue to get this wrong?
    >
    > You have been shown the truth. You've been shown the documentation for the
    > truth, about which you got very snarky indeed: "I'm too lazy to read the
    > documentation but I'm going to argue for the wrong answer anyway."
    >
    > >> setMethod =
    > >> baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    > >> Class[]{this.type});

    > > No, it does not show anything of the sort.

    > > setMethod is never assigned a method (and a method can never be assigned
    > > to anything anyway.)

    > As you have been told before, Paka. Repeatedly. Repeatedly.
    >
    > > Here you show setMethod is assigned an instance of the class
    > > java.lang.reflect.Method. Instances of a class, whatever the class, are
    > > never methods. And methods are never instances of any class, whatever
    > > the class.

    > As you have been told before, Paka. Repeatedly. Why don't you just break down
    > and read the documentation?

    > class. It does not show that a method is an instance of a class. At no point
    > does your code show any treatment of any method as a class instance.
    >
    > Get this right or get out of programming, Paka. "20 years of professional
    > software development experience" is only worth something if you let your
    > experience teach you something. Time to start learning, Paka.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Hi,

    "java.lang.reflect.Method setMethod = null;" and "setMethod =
    baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    Class[]{this.type});" from the example code proof a method is an

    Paka Small, Feb 7, 2012
  19. Paka Small

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    Re: Instance java.lang.Object.getClass() of Class Java Method onOO Tumia

    > Lew wrote:
    >> Mayeul wrote:

    >>> Indeed, it certainly does.

    >> Not even close, Paka. How do you continue to get this wrong?
    >>
    >> You have been shown the truth. You've been shown the documentation for
    >> the truth, about which you got very snarky indeed: "I'm too lazy to
    >> read the documentation but I'm going to argue for the wrong answer
    >> anyway."

    >>> No, it does not show anything of the sort.
    >>>
    >>> setMethod is never assigned a method (and a method can never be
    >>> assigned to anything anyway.)

    >> As you have been told before, Paka. Repeatedly. Repeatedly.
    >>
    >>> Here you show setMethod is assigned an instance of the class
    >>> java.lang.reflect.Method. Instances of a class, whatever the class,
    >>> are never methods. And methods are never instances of any class,
    >>> whatever the class.

    >> As you have been told before, Paka. Repeatedly. Why don't you just
    >> break down and read the documentation?

    >> instance of a class. It does not show that a method is an instance of
    >> a class. At no point does your code show any treatment of any method
    >> as a class instance.
    >>
    >> Get this right or get out of programming, Paka. "20 years of
    >> professional software development experience" is only worth something
    >> if you let your experience teach you something. Time to start
    >> learning, Paka.
    >>

    > Does Paka really believe that decades of software development experience
    > are a good predictor of correctness on this type of issue?
    >
    > If so, the matter is easily settled. I don't know the total combined
    > experience of the people who have publicly disagreed, but I know it is a
    > lot longer that 20 years, I have over 30 years of professional software
    > development experience myself, and I know a lot of the other posters are
    > very experienced programmers.

    I've been programming for at least 22 years personally. I've even
    created my own programming languages. Something I doubt Paka has done
    given his apparent lack of understanding of fundamentals of language
    design.

    Daniel Pitts, Feb 7, 2012
  20. Paka Small

    Lew Guest

    Paka Small wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >> How exactly do you imagine that this proves a method is a class instance?

    > "java.lang.reflect.Method setMethod = null;" and "setMethod =
    > baseObjectClass.getJavaClass().getMethod(this.getSetMethodName(), new
    > Class[]{this.type});" from the example code proof a method is an
    > instance of the class java.lang.reflect.Method .

    No, sir, as many have told you, that it does not.

    That shows that the variable 'setMethod' is a reference to a class instance. It
    does not show that any method is an instance. You don't turn the variable
    'setMethod' into a method just by putting 'Method' in its name.

    'setMethod' is not a method.

    Please read and study the referenced documentation for the definition of a
    method.

    The definition of a method:
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/classes.html#8.4

    The definition of an object: