    what to do so that I can come back and view my posts ? there is no
    View My Post menu in the interface . Could you please let me know how
    do I store my posts ?

    gk, May 12, 2010

  2. gk

    Lew Guest

    gk wrote:
    > N.B: [sic] how to keep track of My posts ? I am using google group [sic] web.
    > what to do so that I can come back and view my posts ? there is no
    > View My Post menu in the interface . Could you please let me know how
    > do I store my posts ?

    This is Usenet. Many of us use readers other than (and therefore better than)
    Google Groups.

    Google lets you view your account through your profile, and from there it
    links to posts that you've entered. However, this question is best asked in a
    Google Groups forum or helpdesk, not a Java Usenet forum.

    You can also Google for your Google Groups posts, interestingly.

    As for saving them, have no fear. Usenet posts are archived seemingly for
    forever. Every embarrassing thing I've posted is out there for the world to
    see for as long as there's the Internet.

    Why do you wish to keep track of your own posts?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, May 12, 2010

  3. gk

    gk Guest

    On May 12, 9:08 am, Lew <> wrote:
    > gk wrote:
    > > N.B: [sic] how to keep track of  My posts ?  I am using google group [sic] web.
    > > what to do so that I can come back and view my posts ? there is no
    > > View My Post  menu in the interface . Could you please let me know how
    > > do I store my posts ?

    > This is Usenet.  Many of us use readers other than (and therefore better than)
    > Google Groups.
    >
    > Google lets you view your account through your profile, and from there it
    > links to posts that you've entered.  However, this question is best asked in a
    > Google Groups forum or helpdesk, not a Java Usenet forum.
    >
    > You can also Google for your Google Groups posts, interestingly.
    >
    > As for saving them, have no fear.  Usenet posts are archived seemingly for
    > forever.  Every embarrassing thing I've posted is out there for the world to
    > see for as long as there's the Internet.
    >
    > Why do you wish to keep track of your own posts?
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Otherwise How do I read the responses posted by other
    users ! ....posts are scrolling down in the web and after sometime its
    lost.

    gk, May 12, 2010
  4. On 12/05/2010 07:10, gk wrote:
    > On May 12, 9:08 am, Lew<> wrote:
    >> gk wrote:
    >>> N.B: [sic] how to keep track of My posts ? I am using google group [sic] web.
    >>> what to do so that I can come back and view my posts ? there is no
    >>> View My Post menu in the interface . Could you please let me know how
    >>> do I store my posts ?

    >> This is Usenet. Many of us use readers other than (and therefore better than)
    >> Google Groups.
    >>
    >> Google lets you view your account through your profile, and from there it
    >> links to posts that you've entered. However, this question is best asked in a
    >> Google Groups forum or helpdesk, not a Java Usenet forum.
    >>
    >> You can also Google for your Google Groups posts, interestingly.
    >>
    >> As for saving them, have no fear. Usenet posts are archived seemingly for
    >> forever. Every embarrassing thing I've posted is out there for the world to
    >> see for as long as there's the Internet.
    >>
    >> Why do you wish to keep track of your own posts?
    >>

    > Otherwise How do I read the responses posted by other
    > users ! ....posts are scrolling down in the web and after sometime its
    > lost.

    Try a newsreader client program such as Thunderbird in conjunction with
    either your Internet service provider's news-server or with one of the
    free (or indeed commercial) news-servers.

    A dedicated newsreader will keep track of which messages you have
    already read, organise postiongs into conversational threads and take
    you to the next unread message in a convenient manner, they can also
    higyhlight conversations you have initiated or participated in,
    eliminate much spam and nuisance postings - and be beneficial in many
    other ways.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsreader_(Usenet)
    http://www.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Internet/Clients/Usenet/
    http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html
    http://www.teranews.com/clients.html

    Thunderbird as a newsgroup client
    http://opensourcearticles.com/introduction_to_thunderbird_8

    --
    RGB

    RedGrittyBrick, May 12, 2010
  5. gk

    gk Guest

    On May 12, 2:04 pm, RedGrittyBrick <>
    wrote:
    > On 12/05/2010 07:10, gk wrote:

    > >> This is Usenet.  Many of us use readers other than (and therefore better than)
    > >> Google Groups.

    > >> Google lets you view your account through your profile, and from there it
    > >> links to posts that you've entered.  However, this question is best asked in a
    > >> Google Groups forum or helpdesk, not a Java Usenet forum.

    > >> You can also Google for your Google Groups posts, interestingly.

    > >> As for saving them, have no fear.  Usenet posts are archived seemingly for
    > >> forever.  Every embarrassing thing I've posted is out there for the world to
    > >> see for as long as there's the Internet.

    > >> Why do you wish to keep track of your own posts?

    > > Otherwise How do I read the responses posted by other
    > > users ! ....posts are scrolling down in the web and after sometime its
    > > lost.

    > Try a newsreader client program such as Thunderbird in conjunction with
    > either your Internet service provider's news-server or with one of the
    > free (or indeed commercial) news-servers.
    >
    > A dedicated newsreader will keep track of which messages you have
    > already read, organise postiongs into conversational threads and take
    > you to the next unread message in a convenient manner, they can also
    > higyhlight conversations you have initiated or participated in,
    > eliminate much spam and nuisance postings - and be beneficial in many
    > other ways.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsre...ents.htmlhttp://www.teranews.com/clients.html
    >
    > Thunderbird as a newsgroup clienthttp://opensourcearticles.com/introduction_to_thunderbird_8
    >
    > --
    > RGB- Hide quoted text -

    but that needs the ISP settings which I don't have. I'll prefer a web
    based access so that I can check it from any machine. is not google
    can make it ?

    gk, May 12, 2010
  6. OT: newsreaders (was Re: instance pooling ?)

    On 12/05/2010 10:19, gk wrote:
    > On May 12, 2:04 pm, RedGrittyBrick wrote:

    >>> Otherwise How do I read the responses posted by other users !
    >>> ....posts are scrolling down in the web and after sometime its
    >>> lost.

    >> Try a newsreader client program such as Thunderbird in conjunction
    >> with either your Internet service provider's news-server or with
    >> one of the free (or indeed commercial) news-servers.
    >>

    > but that needs the ISP settings which I don't have. I'll prefer a
    > web based access so that I can check it from any machine. is not
    > google can make it ?

    Choices often involve compromises. Thunderbird can run from a U3 USB
    drive without any need to install it on the machine you are using. There
    are news-servers (both free and paid-for) that can be used regardless of
    ISP.

    If you really must use Google Groups, You might be able to use the
    Google Groups Help Forum[1] to discuss it's usability issues, many of
    the worst of which have been ignored by Google for many years :-(

    [1] http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Guide

    --
    RGB

    RedGrittyBrick, May 12, 2010
  7. gk

    gk Guest

    Re: OT: newsreaders (was Re: instance pooling ?)

    On May 12, 2:30 pm, RedGrittyBrick <>
    wrote:
    > On 12/05/2010 10:19, gk wrote:

    > >> Try a newsreader client program such as Thunderbird in conjunction
    > >> with either your Internet service provider's news-server or with
    > >> one of the free (or indeed commercial) news-servers.

    interesting . which free news-servers can be used for thunderbird ?
    I'm interested with this . Could you please help me to find a free
    news-servers which could be used with Thunderbird ? a reliable free
    news server.

    > > but that needs the ISP settings which I don't have. I'll prefer a
    > > web based access so that I can check it from any machine. is not
    > > google can make it ?

    > Choices often involve compromises. Thunderbird can run from a U3 USB
    > drive without any need to install it on the machine you are using. There
    > are news-servers (both free and paid-for) that can be used regardless of
    > ISP.

    wow ...no need to install ! ...awesome ...where from I can get this ?

    please give me the download link. ...very interesting

    gk, May 12, 2010
  8. Re: OT: newsreaders (was Re: instance pooling ?)

    On 12/05/2010 11:15, gk wrote:
    > On May 12, 2:30 pm, RedGrittyBrick<>
    > wrote:

    > interesting . which free news-servers can be used for thunderbird ?
    > I'm interested with this . Could you please help me to find a free
    > news-servers which could be used with Thunderbird ? a reliable free
    > news server.

    1) Point your web browser at http://www.google.com
    2) Enter the search terms: free news server
    3) Click "I'm feeling lucky"

    You could also examine the headers of some postings here.

    You could also use Google to search "Groups" (not "Web", See "more") for
    free news server in comp.lang.java.programmer. (probably need Advanced
    Search to restrict it to this group).

    >>> but that needs the ISP settings which I don't have. I'll prefer
    >>> a web based access so that I can check it from any machine. is
    >>> not google can make it ?

    >> Choices often involve compromises. Thunderbird can run from a U3
    >> USB drive without any need to install it on the machine you are
    >> using. There are news-servers (both free and paid-for) that can be
    >> used regardless of ISP.

    > wow ...no need to install ! ...awesome ...where from I can get this
    > ?
    >
    > please give me the download link. ...very interesting

    1) Direct your web-browser to http://www.google.com
    2) Enter the search terms: u3 thunderbird
    3) Click "I'm feeling lucky"

    >> If you really must use Google Groups, You might be able to use the
    >> Google Groups Help Forum[1] to discuss it's usability issues, many
    >> of the worst of which have been ignored by Google for many years
    >> :-(
    >>
    >> [1]http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Groups-Guide

    Good luck.

    P.S. I notice there is Groundhog in the Android Marketplace :)

    --
    RGB

    RedGrittyBrick, May 12, 2010
  9. On 12 mai, 04:40, gk <> wrote:
    > I read  this text...
    >
    > in stateless session beans and Entity Beans server maintains a pool of
    > instances.whenever server got a request from client it takes one
    > instance from the pool and serves the client request.
    >
    > Does that mean statefull session bean does not have instance
    > pooling ?  if that is so , why ?

    Because stateful beans are stateful. This means that a client using a
    stateful bean should
    1. get a new instance
    2. call methods on the instance. Each method might modify the state of
    the bean, and this state is only valid for the current conversation
    3. discard the bean instance.

    The container *could* put back the discarded bean instance into a
    pool, and give it back to another client wanting to start a new
    conversation . But then the state from the previous conversation would
    have to be reset to the initial values. I'm not sure the container
    would be able to do this automatically. If it's up to the bean
    developer to do it, then the bean becomes more difficult to implement
    correctly, and EJBs are supposed to be easy to implement. So just
    discarding the unused instances and recreating a new one for each new
    conversation is easier to do, and is probably as efficient, if not
    more efficient.

    JB.

    Jean-Baptiste Nizet, May 12, 2010
  10. gk

    Lew Guest

    gk wrote:
    >>> Otherwise How do I read the responses posted by other
    >>> users ! ....posts are scrolling down in the web and after sometime its
    >>> lost.

    Google Groups clumps posts together by topic. Once you get more than one
    pageful, GG navigates to the latest posts in the thread.

    It has its faults, but hiding responses isn't one of them.

    PLEASE trim your posts and don't quote sigs.

    Lew, May 12, 2010
  11. gk

    Tim Slattery Guest

    gk <> wrote:

    >interesting . which free news-servers can be used for thunderbird ?
    >I'm interested with this . Could you please help me to find a free
    >news-servers which could be used with Thunderbird ? a reliable free
    >news server.

    Any normal NNTP service (normal Usenet service) can be used with any
    newsreader, Thunderbird, Agent, Gravity....

    I use eternal-september. You go to www.eternal-september.org and get a
    free account, then point your newsreader at news.eternal-september.org
    and use the userid/password they send you. Here are a bunch of others:

    News Servers (free) search:
    AIOE http://news.aioe.org/
    Albasani http://albasani.net/index.html.en
    CNNTP http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp - cnntp.org
    ETT http://news.ett.com.ua/
    http://www.eternal-september.org/
    Tornevall http://news.tornevall.net/
    Usenet4all http://www.usenet4all.se (blocks all posts from Google)
    (Just send an e-mail to you will be
    e-mailed
    your account information)

    (send e-mail with 5-8 password)
    http://aioe.org
    http://freenews.maxbaud.net/
    http://freenews.maxbaud.net/faq.html
    http://www.news.x-privat.org
    http://www.x-privat.org/international.php
    http://cust.readfreenews.net/ (for posting access)
    http://www.news.readfreenews.net
    http://www.readfreenews.net
    news.readfreenews.net
    http://www.newzbot.com/
    http://ecalame.tripod.com/free.html
    http://www.newsservers.net/
    http://www.yottanews.com (free.yottanews.com)

    --
    Tim Slattery

    http://members.cox.net/slatteryt

    Tim Slattery, May 12, 2010
  12. gk

    Alan Malloy Guest

    More style points for: http://tinyurl.com/33sdy7p

    Likewise, style points for http://tinyurl.com/2e7c48y

    --
    Cheers,
    Alan (San Jose, California, USA)

    Alan Malloy, May 12, 2010
  13. On 12.05.2010 04:40, gk wrote:

    > N.B: how to keep track of My posts ? I am using google group web.
    > what to do so that I can come back and view my posts ? there is no
    > View My Post menu in the interface . Could you please let me know how
    > do I store my posts ?

    You can find your postings pretty easily through your profile in Google
    Groups. Other than that searching should work as well. There is a link
    "search for messages of this author" (or similar text) if you click on
    "further options" in a posting header.

    Cheers

    robert

    http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/