Instantiating VB DLL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Abhilash, Aug 3, 2005.

  1. Abhilash

    Abhilash Guest

    Hello,

    I have developed a WebApplication in ASP.NET that refers and instantiates a
    VB 6.0 DLL

    Dim Package As New PkgUtil.Package

    In my development PC the application runs fine. The same application
    deployed on the live server fails to instantiate the DLL. The web page
    expires or the user will be prompted for re-authentication (supply user name
    and password). Even after supplying the credentials a page will display a
    message "You are not authorized..."

    My user account is having Administrative, Debuggers previleges in both the
    development PC as well as in the live server.

    Any ideas to solve this issue will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    AD

    Abhilash, Aug 3, 2005