Instantiating word in asp.net

NM

Hi,

I am trying to instantiate word in my asp.net application
as follows:

Word.Application appWord = new Word.Application();

This line of code gives me an error Access is denied.

Could anyone pls tell me what needs to be done to resolve
this.

Thanks in advance,
NM

Hermit Dave

from an earlier newsgroups post this seems to be the solution on user found

Scott Hutchinson [@usa.net]
Problem solved:

By searching HKCR for 00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046, I figured
out
that Word is incorrectly (IMO) registered under the name 'Microsoft
Document' instead of 'Microsoft Word document'. Once I granted launch
permissions on 'Microsoft Document' to the ASPNET user, ASP .NET was
able
to run this line of code without an access denied error:

Dim appWord As New Word.Application()

have a look at http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/wordapplication.asp

and
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Dot_Net/Q_20820036.html