Instantiation of object fails

Greg

I developed an ASP.NET application on a client machine.
After building and testing the appilcation on the client,
everything works fine. When I copy the files to the web
server using XCOPY, the files that reference a customized
component do not work. I installed the component on the
web server by double clicking the .msi and it seems to
have installed correctly. However, the page errors out
when it attempts to instantiate the object. Anything else
I need to do to setup the component on the web server?

The code throws an exception on the Dim of groupInfo. The
page prints the "Error: Not Created" message.

Try

Dim groupInfo As New GMISystem.GMIUtilities.GMIADGroupInfo
()

Try

Dim blnVar As Boolean
blnVar = groupInfo.IsUserInGroup("G3204GB", "LDA-EMPLOYEE-
SCHEDULER", False)
Response.Write(blnVar.ToString)

Catch ex As
GMISystem.GMIUtilities.GMIADGroupInfo.GMIGroupNotFoundExce
ption

Response.Write("Error: Not Found")

End Try

groupInfo = Nothing

Catch ex1 As Exception

Response.Write("Error: Not Created")

End Try

Dmitriy Lapshin [C# / .NET MVP]

Hi Greg,

First of all, try to output more information about the exception in the "Not
created" hander. This might give you an idea of what's going on.