    Click on "OK" to exit program.

    Why this error, today and not before today?

    Askari
    Askari, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Askari

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Re: Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000".Can't be "read".

    Askari wrote:

    > Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a code.
    > Today, when I close, some raise this windows error :
    >
    > Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be
    > "read".
    > Click on "OK" to exit program.
    >
    > Why this error, today and not before today?

    Does it do this after you reboot the computer? (You're
    using Windows, right?)

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Askari

    Askari Guest

    Peter Hansen <> wrote in

    > Askari wrote:
    >
    >> Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a
    >> code. Today, when I close, some raise this windows error :
    >>
    >> Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be
    >> "read".
    >> Click on "OK" to exit program.
    >>
    >> Why this error, today and not before today?

    > Does it do this after you reboot the computer? (You're
    > using Windows, right?)
    >
    > -Peter

    The error (always the same error "0x00FC3D70") is always on the same codes
    (and no change after reboot computer). And the some code with no "exit
    error", haven't all the same architecture (some with "while 1 ... and a
    sleep" and some with ".mainloop")).

    When I reboot, no fix. :-(
    (is the first action that I do for fix this...)

    Ops..I forgot to give my specifics :
    Os : Windows XP Pro (service pack 1)
    Python : 2.3.4
    RAM : 1 Gig (Dual RAM at 400 Mhz)
    Proc. : 2,8 GHz (Pentium 4)
    Disk : over 100 Gigs on hard disk....

    Askari
    Askari, Sep 1, 2004
  4. Askari

    Askari Guest

    Peter Hansen <> wrote in

    On 01 sept. 2004, you wrote in comp.lang.python:

    > Askari wrote:
    >
    >> Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a
    >> code. Today, when I close, some raise this windows error :
    >>
    >> Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be
    >> "read".
    >> Click on "OK" to exit program.
    >>
    >> Why this error, today and not before today?

    > Does it do this after you reboot the computer? (You're
    > using Windows, right?)
    >
    > -Peter

    I find the problem!
    I search in my memory (brain) "what new on my conputer?"... and ...I find!
    I installed "OmniPage Pro 11.0" on my computer yesterday.
    But I think : "Can't be this installation..."
    But YES it's "OmniPage Pro 11.0" who bug with python!!!; I uninstall
    "Omnipage", restart, and try a "bug" code, and I have no problem!!!

    (I reintall Omnipage and the problem to appear again)
    (I unintall Omnipage and the problem disappear)
    (I reintall Omnipage and the problem to appear again)
    (I unintall Omnipage and the problem disappear)
    (I reintall Omnipage and the problem to appear again)
    N.B. The problem appear even Omnipage not running (but intalled).

    Moral : DON'T install "OmniPage" and Python, esle, some python code crash
    on exit!

    But, I don't understand how OmniPage can affect python?! Mystery...

    Askari
    Askari, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Askari <> wrote:
    > But, I don't understand how OmniPage can affect python?! Mystery...

    My guess is: typical Windows DLL Hell. No doubt OmniPage is installing
    some DLL's in the system directory (or elsewhere in the path) which
    conflict with ones Python needs. At least you're lucky that OmniPage's
    uninstall is taking those DLL's away, so uninstalling solves your
    problem. I'm not sure how you can check exactly what DLL's OmniPage is
    installing -- but I'd best a list of those would help finding out which
    one can be conflicting... perhaps you can simply contact OmniPage's
    suppliers and let them know about the suspected DLL conflict so they can
    do something about it.

    Alex
    Alex Martelli, Sep 1, 2004