Instrumentation package

Wills

Hi all,

How to use the java instrumentation package . Of course, I
googled, but what to do with the profiling?
Thanks in advance

ratna dinakar

Hi Wills,

Instead of using the Instrumentation package provided by Java,
its better to go with ASM library [http://asm.objectweb.org ]. It's
not only easier but also extensible and faster enough. And regarding
profiling there are number of Open source libraries all ready
avaliable if you don't want develop from scratch.

Have fun!

Wills

Hi Wills,

Instead of using the Instrumentation package provided by Java,
its better to go with ASM library [http://asm.objectweb.org]. It's
not only easier but also extensible and faster enough. And regarding
profiling there are number of Open source libraries all ready
avaliable if you don't want develop from scratch.

Have fun!

Thanks . Can ASM generate binary executable from byte codes?

Daniel Pitts

Wills said:
Hi Wills,

Instead of using the Instrumentation package provided by Java,
its better to go with ASM library [http://asm.objectweb.org]. It's
not only easier but also extensible and faster enough. And regarding
profiling there are number of Open source libraries all ready
avaliable if you don't want develop from scratch.

Have fun!

Thanks . Can ASM generate binary executable from byte codes?
I don't think so, and generally you don't need to except in VERY special
circumstances. What would this provide your end-user?