Insufficient state to deserialize the object

André van 't Hoog

We have a number of dll's containing custom controls stored on a (remote)
network drive. After the upgrade from VS 2002 to VS 2003 we cannot add these
controls to the toolbox anymore and we get the error "Insufficient state to
deserialize the object".

When we copy these dll's to a local drive there is no problem and we can add
these controls to the toolbox.

Does VS 2003 not support the use of dll's on (remote) network drive with
regard to putting controls in the toolbox?

Thanks and Regards,

André