int to roman converter

NightCrawler

Hi everybody i need code for converting integer no to roman i.i
1->I,5->V n so on....
plz help me i want to use it in a spin control

Victor Bazarov

NightCrawler said:
Hi everybody i need code for converting integer no to roman i.i
1->I,5->V n so on....
plz help me i want to use it in a spin control

Pssst! Here is a secret web site where you can find stuff (but
don't tell anybody): www.google.com

Andrea Laforgia

Hi everybody i need code for converting integer no to roman i.i
1->I,5->V n so on....

#include <stdio.h>

const char *roman_digits[] =
{"", "I", "II", "III", "IV", "V", "VI", "VII", "VIII", "IX"};
const char *roman_tens[] =
{"", "X", "XX", "XXX", "XL", "L", "LX", "LXX", "LXXX", "XC"};
const char *roman_hundreds[] =
{"", "C", "CC", "CCC", "CD", "D", "DX", "DXX", "DXX", "CM"};
const char *roman_thousands[] =
{"", "M"};

/* not really necessary */
void empty_keyb_buffer(void) { while (getchar()!='\n') ; }

int main()
{
int n, num_is_ok=0, digits, tens, hundreds, thousands;

while (!num_is_ok) {
printf("insert a number between 0 and 1999: ");
scanf("%d", &n);
empty_keyb_buffer();
num_is_ok=(n>=0)&&(n<=1999);
}

thousands=n/1000;
hundreds=(n%1000)/100;
tens=(n%100)/10;
digits=n%10;

printf("Roman equivalent: %s%s%s%s\n",
roman_thousands[thousands],
roman_hundreds[hundreds],
roman_tens[tens],
roman_digits[digits]);

return 0;

Phlip

Andrea said:
NightCrawler wrote:

#include <stdio.h>

Andrea, please refrain from doing people's homework for them. We don't want
such people to graduate and then join our teams, because we will still be
doing their homework!

Phlip

Andrea, please refrain from doing people's homework for them. We don't
want such people to graduate and then join our teams, because we will
still be doing their homework!

My bad - I just read the question. People doing homework probably wouldn't
use a "spin control" as their cover story!

Carry on! (And Andrea should use C++ things like <iostream>, and use
code-robustness things like unit tests...)

Steve Pope

NightCrawler said:
Hi everybody i need code for converting integer no to roman i.i
1->I,5->V n so on....
plz help me i want to use it in a spin control

Spin control? Does this have something to do with the Pope's
recent faux pas?

S.

Victor Bazarov

Andrea said:
Hi everybody i need code for converting integer no to roman i.i
1->I,5->V n so on....

#include <stdio.h>

const char *roman_digits[] =[..]

Are you worried about your job security that you are so eager to
proliferate somebody else's lazyness by doing their homework?

NightCrawler

thanx, Andrea
was a nice one..
Actually i was seeking for logic only not the code coz i wont be able
to use it as it is.....
n plz stop arguing that was nobodies HOMEWORK......