    can hold? I've looked through most of the libraries and haven't found
    the answer yet.

    Thanks in advance.

    alivingstone, Dec 5, 2007

  2. alivingstone wrote:
    > Does anyone know what the range of values the standard 'integer' type
    > can hold? I've looked through most of the libraries and haven't found
    > the answer yet.

    Ashenden's "Designer Guide to VHDL", 2nd edition says, at bottom of page 33:
    "...An example of an integer type is the predefined type integer, which
    includes all the whole numbers representable on a particular host
    computer. The language standard requires that the type integer include
    at least the numbers -2,147,483,647 to +2,147,483,647 (-2^31+1 to
    2^31-1), but VHDL implementations may extend the range."

    My $0.02 is that the range of the values is integer'low to integer'high.

    Filip Miletic, Dec 5, 2007