    Hi all,

    Is there a free java component that can be used to solve Integrals?

    Thanks

    BB, Dec 13, 2006

  2. BB

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    BB wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is there a free java component that can be used to solve Integrals?

    Dunno, why don't you google for "java integrator" and find out?

    Alex Hunsley, Dec 13, 2006

  3. BB

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "BB" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is there a free java component that can be used to solve Integrals?

    Solving integrals symbolically (which is how humans usually solve
    integrals) is supposed to relatively difficult (and I believe research is
    still being done in this area), so you might get lucky and find free Java
    code from some academic research, but otherwise I wouldn't get my hopes up.

    If you just want to solve integrals numerically, this is pretty trivial
    to code up yourself (assuming you have the proper math background -- the
    programming part itself is easy), and I wouldn't be surprised if there
    weren't any ready-made components.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Dec 14, 2006