Integratable E-Commerce Solutions ?

Bob

I'm looking for an e-commerce package that can be integrated into a
site while maintaining the site's look. The packages I've found seem
to require use of their complete catalog like application as a "frame"
(not html frame, a visual frame) with their look, feel, and a whole
lot of extra noise. I think what I need is more of "hook in" modules
as opposed to a canned "just enter your products in the d/b & run"
turnkey application. I can write interface/cgi/asp/etc and page code
as needed.

What I need to find is something that will let me build the pages and
just hook in the products/db where appropriate - backed up by a
shopping cart, shipping, CC hook-in, a database for product ordering,
customers, etc. I don't have time to build it all from the ground up.
It needs to be customizable for color, look, etc to maintain branding.
I realize that the "shopping cart" pages have to get fairly generic
but I need the main pages to be more custom than "d/b generated
standard catalog look".

Ideas?

Thanks (yeah, I am new at e-commerce),

mark | r

Bob said:
[...]

you must be looking at real low end solutions (under £2k) we can customise
our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my warez:) -
www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at £2k)

Bob

you must be looking at real low end solutions (under £2k) we can customise
our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my warez:) -
www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at £2k)
We are looking that way Mark... this customer does not have a lot of
money to get started. I need a very reasonably priced solution.

Stuart

Bob said:
We are looking that way Mark... this customer does not have a lot of
money to get started. I need a very reasonably priced solution.
Consider D.I.Y? ;-)

mark | r

Stuart said:
Consider D.I.Y? ;-)
try actinic, its a complete arse to work with from a designers point of view
with included files in includes in includes... (you get the picture)
they do a solution for a few 100 pounds that sells 25 products or under with
a higher value solution costing 650

we used to use a product called astrosell which was brilliant to customise
but the companies no longer trading

seriously, does your client think they can open a highstreet shop for under
£10k, they should be thinking along the same costs for good ecommerce (it
sounds harsh but we laugh in the face of people who cant stump up atleast
2-3 k )

people seem to be under the impression that you can become internet
millionnairs without spending anything...

mark