Integratable E-Commerce Solutions ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bob, Nov 2, 2005.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    I'm looking for an e-commerce package that can be integrated into a
    site while maintaining the site's look. The packages I've found seem
    to require use of their complete catalog like application as a "frame"
    (not html frame, a visual frame) with their look, feel, and a whole
    lot of extra noise. I think what I need is more of "hook in" modules
    as opposed to a canned "just enter your products in the d/b & run"
    turnkey application. I can write interface/cgi/asp/etc and page code
    as needed.

    What I need to find is something that will let me build the pages and
    just hook in the products/db where appropriate - backed up by a
    shopping cart, shipping, CC hook-in, a database for product ordering,
    customers, etc. I don't have time to build it all from the ground up.
    It needs to be customizable for color, look, etc to maintain branding.
    I realize that the "shopping cart" pages have to get fairly generic
    but I need the main pages to be more custom than "d/b generated
    standard catalog look".

    Ideas?

    Thanks (yeah, I am new at e-commerce),

    Bob, Nov 2, 2005

  2. Bob

    mark | r Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for an e-commerce package that can be integrated into a
    > site while maintaining the site's look. The packages I've found seem
    > to require use of their complete catalog like application as a "frame"
    > (not html frame, a visual frame) with their look, feel, and a whole
    > lot of extra noise. I think what I need is more of "hook in" modules
    > as opposed to a canned "just enter your products in the d/b & run"
    > turnkey application. I can write interface/cgi/asp/etc and page code
    > as needed.
    >
    > What I need to find is something that will let me build the pages and
    > just hook in the products/db where appropriate - backed up by a
    > shopping cart, shipping, CC hook-in, a database for product ordering,
    > customers, etc. I don't have time to build it all from the ground up.
    > It needs to be customizable for color, look, etc to maintain branding.
    > I realize that the "shopping cart" pages have to get fairly generic
    > but I need the main pages to be more custom than "d/b generated
    > standard catalog look".
    >
    > Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks (yeah, I am new at e-commerce),

    you must be looking at real low end solutions (under £2k) we can customise
    our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my warez:) -
    www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at £2k)

    mark | r, Nov 2, 2005

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:58:40 -0000, "mark | r"
    <> wrote:

    >you must be looking at real low end solutions (under £2k) we can customise
    >our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my warez:) -
    >www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at £2k)

    We are looking that way Mark... this customer does not have a lot of
    money to get started. I need a very reasonably priced solution.

    Bob, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Bob

    Stuart Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:58:40 -0000, "mark | r"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> you must be looking at real low end solutions (under £2k) we can customise
    >> our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my warez:) -
    >> www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at £2k)
    >>

    > We are looking that way Mark... this customer does not have a lot of
    > money to get started. I need a very reasonably priced solution.

    Consider D.I.Y? ;-)

    --
    Stuart Brown <>
    http://www.edesign.cc

    Stuart, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Bob

    mark | r Guest

    "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > Bob wrote:
    > > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:58:40 -0000, "mark | r"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > >> you must be looking at real low end solutions (under £2k) we can

    customise
    > >> our ecommerce system into any design you wish (sorry to tout my

    warez:) -
    > >> www.newmediadesigns.co.uk ask for Mark - prices start at £2k)
    > >>

    > > We are looking that way Mark... this customer does not have a lot of
    > > money to get started. I need a very reasonably priced solution.
    > >

    > Consider D.I.Y? ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Stuart Brown <>
    > http://www.edesign.cc

    try actinic, its a complete arse to work with from a designers point of view
    with included files in includes in includes... (you get the picture)
    they do a solution for a few 100 pounds that sells 25 products or under with
    a higher value solution costing 650

    we used to use a product called astrosell which was brilliant to customise
    but the companies no longer trading

    seriously, does your client think they can open a highstreet shop for under
    £10k, they should be thinking along the same costs for good ecommerce (it
    sounds harsh but we laugh in the face of people who cant stump up atleast
    2-3 k )

    people seem to be under the impression that you can become internet
    millionnairs without spending anything...

    mark

    mark | r, Nov 4, 2005